Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Doug Edwards has also been mentioned as being just as thoroughly corrupt and crooked as his brother in that interview and in other articles.
Maybe Marcus Rashford is feeding the kids as a long overdue apology for Louis Edwards filling his pockets while poisoning them ;)
Doing his Penance which reminds me of a certain Priest who was a big blue and ran the parish football team. Having confessed my sins with a certain girl in Clitheroe Road supposedly in anonymity behind the veil, l was given my Penance and a reminder that on the Sunday not to forget we were playing St Mary's at Cringle Fields.

Doing his Penance which reminds me of a certain Priest who was a big blue and ran the parish football team. Having confessed my sins with a certain girl in Clitheroe Road supposedly in anonymity behind the veil, l was given my Penance and a reminder that on the Sunday not to forget we were playing St Mary's at Cringle Fields.
Hahaha Big Father L, heading off to Maine Road every other Saturday on his bike

A lot of the #TopReds flapping their gums today seem to have never heard of Louis Edwards and World in Action...
Interesting interview here from last summer with the acclaimed film director Paul Greengrass, who was behind the Granada TV investigation.
Turns out Edwards was not only bribing the families of young players and supplying rotten meat to the poorest children in Manchester and Cheshire, he was also cynically ripping off the families of Munich disaster victims
That’s a post and half, that is. Take a bow.

Yea any papers covering why Giggs signed for Utd on his 16th birthday after being on City books for ages ?
Giggs signed for the rags because while City were dealing with his dad, the rags bought and had a full kitchen fitted for his mum and that swung the signing of Ryan Wilson of Swinton. All parts United s rich istree
Going back in time, Duncan Edwards had been associated with the Wolves player development system for some time before Busby stepped in and offered to buy a house for his parents if he signed for United.

Edwards was a far better player that Giggs ever was, although his career was cut short by the Munich air crash.

My father was a Wolves supporter and hated United for that action. I am sure that this was repeated with other members of the Busby Babes.

Last edited:
I called it when they launched, once I saw some of the names they were hiring and the fact that the establishment clubs all had two or even three dedicated writers while City were given just the one.
I knew then it was going to be the same old shite with the same old prejudices and vested interests, while hypocritically masquerading as something different, something worthier.
As has been mentioned at length previously, their coverage of the CAS affair - from more than one writer - exposed their flaws, limitations and their inherent institutional bias.
It was actually a great opportunity for them to fairly follow and evaluate the evidence and set themselves apart from the rest but they fucked it. Presumably their editors and readership didn’t want to know or read why City were innocent, when ‘City are guilty’ does better numbers with their redshirt subscribers.
The Athletic is the emperor’s new clothes, the football equivalent of slipping your copy of Razzle inside the pages of The Economist as you leave the paper shop
Reminds me. I used to buy Private Eye at my local shop. The woman there used to slip it inside my newspaper!

A lot of the #TopReds flapping their gums today seem to have never heard of Louis Edwards and World in Action...
Interesting interview here from last summer with the acclaimed film director Paul Greengrass, who was behind the Granada TV investigation.
Turns out Edwards was not only bribing the families of young players and supplying rotten meat to the poorest children in Manchester and Cheshire, he was also cynically ripping off the families of Munich disaster victims

There was also the documentary about match tickets being sold on the black market, which centred around United and Old Trafford – the café on the corner was knocking out match tickets for something like 3 x face value – the investigation concluded (in not so many words) that the club themselves were giving the tickets out – why sell a few thousand tickets at face value if you could get three times the amount and give the café owner a sweeter.

That's not forgetting Ferguson's son being an agent, and the dodgy dealings there!

Well this is awkward, feel free to share on Twitter, WhatsApp etc with any rags who pipe up...
So just to redress the balance I tried quoting this little gem on the DM comments section under the ‘exclusive’ they penned about us. They have chosen to moderate this article and as you’d expect the Neanderthals have been given free pass yet none of my comments have seen the light of day.
Seeing as they printed the original article about the rags pinching the ‘new Totti’ off Roma and giving his dad a gardening job by the corner flag you’d have thought they’d have been happy to stand by it.
If there are still any anti agenda theorists out there Shirley this would be the final example that swings you?

Going back in time, Duncan Edwards had been associated with the Wolves player development system for some time before Busby stepped in and offered to buy a house for his parents if he signed for United.
Edwards was a far better player that Giggs ever was, although his career was cut short by the Munich air crash.

My father was a Wolves supporter and hated United for that action. I am sure that this was repeated with other members of the Busby Babes.
Wolves were a great team in those days if I recall and at that time there was no obvious reason why a lad from Dudley would want to go to the rags rather than play with Billy Wright.
Interesting to compare with the players and families who were shamefully kicked oout of club houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.