Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

We will be in and out of lockdowns for a few years yet.
not really sustainable on any level. and anyways we havent encountered a jab resistent strain yet as far as im aware. so this is yet another scare story from the daily fail.

Last edited:
A guy 4 doors down from us posted on Facebook he had tested positive on Saturday and was self isolating for the next 11 days. Here we are 3 days later and I am resting as I have broken 3 ribs. So whilst I have been sitting I saw him leave his house on 3 occasions. About tea time he landed back and started to unload his shopping out of the back of the car. About an hour later there he was carrying a pizza which he had obviously collected. No wonder this virus is going nowhere when you have nobs like him. Just wondering if anyone would consider reporting them??

I wonder how many MPs have shares in the quarantine hotels, why aren’t they £35 a night travelodge! Seems a bit extortionate to me , I agree with the quarantine but £1750!
It will help ensure only those that really want and need to travel here do so. Should have made that the per night rate.

A guy 4 doors down from us posted on Facebook he had tested positive on Saturday and was self isolating for the next 11 days. Here we are 3 days later and I am resting as I have broken 3 ribs. So whilst I have been sitting I saw him leave his house on 3 occasions. About tea time he landed back and started to unload his shopping out of the back of the car. About an hour later there he was carrying a pizza which he had obviously collected. No wonder this virus is going nowhere when you have nobs like him. Just wondering if anyone would consider reporting them??
Where there is doubt, there is no doubt.

Bristol variant , Manchester variant. Scaremongering bollocks. Every virus will have thousands of variants, the press need to stop with this shit. If something crops up that means the vaccine won’t stop you getting very poorly hospitalised or dead then let’s hear it. Otherwise it’s putting the fear of Christ into people, it’s going to have a seriously debilitating effect on the mental wellbeing of this country. And we’ve already been battered senseless by that. Enough.
It’s to sell newspapers and get clicks, all the while making people feel like shit.

What we know is that the virus has been mutating thousands of times since last year, some people on this forum, who have had Covid, will have had different variants.

The ones we hear about are the ones scientists see significant differences in.

What we also know is that no variant has changed to the degree that it will evade the vaccine enough to produce severe illness, in anywhere near the amount of people it does now... and it very likely won’t.

Boris does need to shut the borders though as a precautionary but stating we’ll be in and out of lockdowns for years is pure pessimism and without scientific proof.

I don’t think it’s blind optimism to imagine the majority of this year looking like July last year, in terms of cases, deaths and restrictions.

The long term is more likely to be that: everything open, but limits on big crowds, social distancing, mask wearing indoors apart from at table for drinks/food, vaccinations once/twice a year and this for maybe a good number of months.

If Novovax is 60% effective against the SA variant, what isn't it being approved by the MHRA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.