Harry Kane

Sounds like Levy's trying to start a bidding war for Kane. The only one's desperate enough to pay over the odds for a 28 year old with a history of injuries and who's unlikely to have any resale value at the end of a 5 year contract are the rags. I think he's a better player than he sometimes gets credit for and I think he'd do well under Pep (injuries aside) but it would be a huge shift in the way we've approached transfers recently to pay an extortionate fee for what would essentially be a 'one contract' signing.
Cavani, Ibrahimovic, Falcao they do like a name striker and are willing to pay over the top despite them being past their best, so I can well see Kane going there.

Kane is the best striker in the league at the minute hugely underrated in my opinion. Think like most on here he will go to the rags and they will pay him crazy money and the fan will turn on him for only scoring 25 goals a season with no service.

Levy tried his best to sell Ali he is looking at who he can sell he is looking at that massive debt the short term debt and knows he will have to borrow again if they don’t sell a player for some mega bucks.
Did he try his best? by all accounts Alli wanted out and Levy was stamping his feet like a toddler because PSG wouldn't give him a decent fee.

Levy is drowning in debt, he is pissing away hundreds of thousands a week on Bale and Mourinho is ripe for a chop with his 30m payout waiting.

No one is paying 150m for Kane, this could well be dragged out all summer before he goes on deadline day for around 100m and then Levy will say "Sorry, too late to bring anyone in".

Did he try his best? by all accounts Alli wanted out and Levy was stamping his feet like a toddler because PSG wouldn't give him a decent fee.

Levy is drowning in debt, he is pissing away hundreds of thousands a week on Bale and Mourinho is ripe for a chop with his 30m payout waiting.

No one is paying 150m for Kane, this could well be dragged out all summer before he goes on deadline day for around 100m and then Levy will say "Sorry, too late to bring anyone in".

Think I read at the time that Mourinho had something in his deal so he doesn't get a huge payoff should he be sacked?

Not sure, rumors seem to go both ways. I would be very surprised if Mourinho agreed to not have it in there.
He's a fading (faded?) star, wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't have the pull to insist on such clauses any more. Especially when you consider just how many times he's been sacked, in any other walk of life he'd be unemployable.

This means levy is open to offers. He sold walker to us. This transfer is looking more and more likely. We are getting one of Kane and Haaland surely. I prefer Haaland in right price though.
Bit like the old Peter Swales statement- "He's not for sale but every player has his price".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.