Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree totally about people who hold those views. They’re dangerous fuckers who spread lies and misinformation, and deserve to be marginalised. That said, I’ll bet a lot of them cave in and their so-called principles will go out the fucking window when they realise they can’t do the things that the rest of us will be able to do once we’ve had the jab.
However, there will be some who can’t can’t have the vaccine for genuine medical reasons and they have my sympathy. Others - as documented on here - have had family members who have suffered badly from vaccines in the past, and it’s understandable that some of those people will have issues about having the Covid vaccine. I’ll be having it for sure but tomorrow marks the 30th anniversary of my elder brother passing away. He was left permanently disabled - both mentally and physically - due to the Whooping Cough vaccine he had back in the 1960s.

100% mate, this is why I was careful to stick the comment solely on anti-vaxxers/Covid denying freaks.

There will be a myriad of people who are either unable for medical reasons or reluctant due to history, and they have all my sympathy.

All credit and respect to you that despite the trauma you've been through, you still plan on getting the jab.

My my who's 82 refused the vaccine because some of my brothers and sisters told her it would kill her, inject microchips into her and other bullshit. Luckily I talked her into getting it last week. The truth is she's paid no attention to the rules, always had multiple visitors for months and been fine. I've got a stepson with an autoimmune disease so we've stuck to the rules diligently for nearly a year

Seems to me that lads I know have been going round to each others houses every week, watching rag matches, 10 different households at a time, and suffered no negative consequences whatsoever

Guess it depends on region etc. I'm 59 and had mine today, although I have some underlying health conditions (severe hypertension and chronic pancreatis). I know its tough and emotional, but we should try and not squabble about it

Staggered. Been offered my 1st jab tomorrow accepted). No underlying health conditions so wasn't expecting it till at least April.
My son (31) has been offered his at the Etihad. He has mild asthma, but nothing ever serious, luckily I made him register for a doctor in Manchester (he didn't see the need until I mentioned that he might need an inhaler now and then), the drawback is that he's currently living in North Wales, as they gave up their Manchester flat recently.

I've had mine, 30's under lying hereditary medical condition, was called by local vax center and got done same day.

Felt rough for about 36 hours after, shivering's in bed etc, sign it's working I suppose.

Fine now though.

I don't know how they will police the under 65's with medical problems tbh, could be a can of worms.

My my who's 82 refused the vaccine because some of my brothers and sisters told her it would kill her, inject microchips into her and other bullshit. Luckily I talked her into getting it last week. The truth is she's paid no attention to the rules, always had multiple visitors for months and been fine. I've got a stepson with an autoimmune disease so we've stuck to the rules diligently for nearly a year

Seems to me that lads I know have been going round to each others houses every week, watching rag matches, 10 different households at a time, and suffered no negative consequences whatsoever

This is the odd one isn't it? Two families near me, one are in their early forties with two teenage kids and a five year old. Another are in their thirties with two kids five and seven. They have friends around and both grandparents and as far as I'm aware haven't had a problem. My sister and her husband both in their early sixties did everything right, my sister was anal about masks, gloves, bacterial wipes and they both caught it. Very random.

GM scoreboard Summary

Cases 550 - down from 964 - 45.2% of the 1216 North West cases - down 4,9%. Big fall.

Week to week: - 1100 v 831 v 736 v 741 v 550 today. By chance exactly half across the 4 weeks.

Cases:

Manchester 109 - down 67 from 176. Pop up 20 to 8935

Stockport 73 - down 41 from 114. Pop up 25 to 6574

Rochdale 69 - up 2 from 67. Pop up 31 to 8812. Only riser but down 1 in week! Highest Pop Score today.

Bolton 56 - down 60 from 125. Pop up 20 to 8320.

Oldham 48 - down 13 from 61. Pop up 20 to 9025.

Wigan 46 - down 59 from 105. Pop up 14 to 8202.

Bury 43 - down 36 from 79. Pop up 23 to 8448.

Tameside 39 - down 51 from 90. Pop up 17 to 7385.

Salford 38 - down 49 from 87. Pop up 15 to 8313.

Trafford 29 - down 51 from 80. Pop up 13 to 6530. Lowest score in GM this year. Lowest Pop Rise. Now 44 clear of Stockport as best Pop Score across the pandemic. 316 cases in week. Lowest in GM.

Weekly Pop Scores:

Trafford 134 - last wk 138 - down 4

Oldham 142 - last wk 185 - down 43

Wigan 155 - last wk 188 - down 33

Manchester 174 - last wk 186 - down 12

Rochdale 175 - last wk 182 - down 7

Salford 176 - last wk 208 - down 32

Stockport 185 - last wk 188 - down 3

Tameside 187 - last wk 200 - down 13

Bolton 224 - last wk 219 - UP 5

Bury 226 - last wk 202 - UP 24

Bury and Bolton the only two risers wk to wk and only 2 over 200.

Oldham had best week with largest fall in cases shown by Pop Score. Wigan had a good week too with some big falls to low numbers.

Trafford now down about as low as they can go so it will be harder from here on to progress. But they have made by far the biggest progress since Christmas to now own every single GM record there is. Pretty much best of - everything.

Last edited:
You may well get turned away if you're too young, they'te not very happy about queue jumping.
Better leave my piss stained pjamas on then and not shave , put some Perry Como on the car stereo
I think they'd be more unhappy having the slots unfilled and facilities running under capacity? My missus has already missed her second jab appointment yet she wasn't notified and has had to sort another appointment, so I say there's an element of self management required to help them get through the numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.