Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the figures are coming down steadily.
I dont agree with the proposed vaccine passports however, they would be unethical and discriminatory in my opinion..
People should have the right to say no to the vaccine and not be persecuted. But it looks like they will be shut out of society and I dont think that's right.

Let me just find my tiny violin for any anti-vaxx or Covid denying shithouses refusing the vaccine.

Fuck em.

Quite happy to have pricks like that on the fringes of society, whilst everyone else can go back to doing what we love doing; City, pubs, travel, gigs.....bring it the fuck on.

This wouldn't surprise me. I posted a couple of weeks ago about an outbreak within a prison in my own region (East Ayrshire), 260 infected including 23 or 27 staff I think it was. To put that into perspective, the whole of North, East and South Ayrshire combined today posted 39 new infections and have been averaging around 60-70 of recent. Huge outbreaks such as that can easily skew regional figures, not that it doesn't warrant attention mind you. Prisons and such like have huge 'hotspot' potential.
After months in the lower half, Rutland had a spell at the top of the Covid league the other week after an outbreak in Stocken Prison on the very edge of the county. Hardly anyone in Rutland could place Stocken on a map.

After months in the lower half, Rutland had a spell at the top of the Covid league the other week after an outbreak in Stocken Prison on the very edge of the county. Hardly anyone in Rutland could place Stocken on a map.

That is true. I live very close to Rutland and I’ve never heard of it!

Would the same person who 'hates needles' really die on the street when hit by a car and the ambulance arrives?

If so they need to get some help as that might cost them their life one day and getting over this phobia is relatively simple.

If not and 'that is different' as they would do it to save their own life obviously - just not have a vaccine 'they' do not need - then I think my point is made. As genuine phobia is one thing and selfishness another.

I know someone scared of needles who was afraid but still went as they were (wisely) more afraid of Covid.

She was amazed at how pain free it was and might even now have a flu jab!

It was the fear of expectation that was the problem.

That can be overcome - catching Covid or killing someone you love because you chose not to vaccinate never can be.
When you first started posting on here with all your facts and figures, you dressed them up with the caveat ,you werent expressing any opinion,you were just interpreting figures " because you were good at it"
Ive watched your metamorphosis into political and social comment, and your above post completes that change.

Ive never read anything you post on City related matters.
Just saying like.

When you first started posting on here with all your facts and figures, you dressed them up with the caveat ,you werent expressing any opinion,you were just interpreting figures " because you were good at it"
Ive watched your metamorphosis into political and social comment, and your above post completes that change.

Just saying like.

I don't get the issue. She is expressing an opinion on vaccine related matters, as many others are, and within the relevant topic. Aren't social comments for a social thread on a social media forum?

Just saying like.
Fancy having an opinion on a forum. Disgusting

Just saying like.
She has kept me sane with the figures

Anyone not had a jab? The under 65s can book on line now. Ignore the age references and get your appointments sorted before the rush. I booked tonight, and getting done tomrrow.

Second appointments can be booked at the same time - Have your NHS number handy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.