Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me just find my tiny violin for any anti-vaxx or Covid denying shithouses refusing the vaccine.

Fuck em.

Quite happy to have pricks like that on the fringes of society, whilst everyone else can go back to doing what we love doing; City, pubs, travel, gigs.....bring it the fuck on.
Agree totally about people who hold those views. They’re dangerous fuckers who spread lies and misinformation, and deserve to be marginalised. That said, I’ll bet a lot of them cave in and their so-called principles will go out the fucking window when they realise they can’t do the things that the rest of us will be able to do once we’ve had the jab.
However, there will be some who can’t can’t have the vaccine for genuine medical reasons and they have my sympathy. Others - as documented on here - have had family members who have suffered badly from vaccines in the past, and it’s understandable that some of those people will have issues about having the Covid vaccine. I’ll be having it for sure but tomorrow marks the 30th anniversary of my elder brother passing away. He was left permanently disabled - both mentally and physically - due to the Whooping Cough vaccine he had back in the 1960s.

When you first started posting on here with all your facts and figures, you dressed them up with the caveat ,you werent expressing any opinion,you were just interpreting figures " because you were good at it"
Ive watched your metamorphosis into political and social comment, and your above post completes that change.

Ive never read anything you post on City related matters.
Just saying like.
Not sure what you are 'just saying'. Or inferring.

I have explained in posts you must have missed why I first came on here years before the pandemic, As the date in 2013 when I first posted visible to all here shows. You might recall that date. I do.

I did not post much up to the pandemic - but sometimes got help so my mum could watch City play when not on TV. I was her full time carer for many years after she was left paralysed by a massive stroke just days before the 2003 last game service at Maine Road that we were going to but by then she was in hospital for months and then required round the clock care and she was unable to go to matches.

She and my dad had been City season ticket holders since long before you were probably born. My dad's ashes were scattered on Maine Road. His name was on the plaque in the tunnel after the move to the Etihad. Hence us going to that service. Though I later took her to see his name on the plaque in the tunnel at the Etihad. After 8 months she came home from hospital in 2004 just in time to watch City v Tottenham in the FA Cup when 3-0 down and playing the entire second half with 10 men and winning 4-3.

That was some homecoming. I often think my dad had some say in that night!

As I have explained before I came in here as I was told about the posts from Gelson's Dad on the data which was from the original without spin. I was looking for that for various reasons I have also explained but will not repeat them here but he sadly got driven off by those seeking ulterior motives that never existed so I had to start tallying up the data myself. Hoping he would return but he never did (unless he took on another name here which I have often thought about doing and could easily understand if he had).

I had the time. the interest, was shielding since March and am retired. Really there was nothing more to it than that.

I have said often and genuinely I have no deep political views or ties and am probably unlike most of you as voting in all elections on issues not parties and so have voted for pretty much every party at one time or another.

The deeper we are into this the more impossible it i to avoid some views on what is happening but views are not political they are just views on what is the right or wrong approach. I am happy to say when things are done right - the vaccination programme and (belatedly but true now) the testing for example. And when not (the tiers which I have opposed from the off because I think they are counter productive). But again these are not forged by politics but their impact on the move towards the end of the pandemic.

It can be hard to separate the data and the decisions from the hype and the politics but I do try as I know there is a thread for that. Which you may notice I do not post in. Sometimes it has to crop up here as it impacts on the decisions taken day to day. And if you are interested in the pandemic and our road through this you have to be interested in how and why we take the paths that we do.

But I mainly come here still to do what I always have. Post the numbers. As a participant in the way these unfold in our day to day lives though I do have a stake and a reason to sometimes comment. It would be pretty pointless doing all this if the real world never intruded into that.

So still not sure what at all you were trying to infer. But I suspect whatever it was misses the truth.

Anyway I helped her watch all the City games she could with some help from in here. That was why I was here and I never regret it. Though hope you never have to face doing the same. It might make you think less cynically about why some people do what they do.

Last edited:
Let me just find my tiny violin for any anti-vaxx or Covid denying shithouses refusing the vaccine.

Fuck em.

Quite happy to have pricks like that on the fringes of society, whilst everyone else can go back to doing what we love doing; City, pubs, travel, gigs.....bring it the fuck on.

I totally agree - if you have a compromised immune system or are pregnant etc thats a medical condition and they have my sympathy. I think at the outset its a bit discriminatory as the youngest will be getting it last but its not that long to wait and its not all going back to normal during that extra time they wait - it will be gradual.

As for the anti-vaxers - the Bill Gates conspiracists etc yes they have a choice but with choice comes consequences and you lay out in your post what the consequences that they face would be. If I go ( sorry went ) out to a pub in a car I had a choice. Get slammed and drive home or get slammed and get a taxi home or don't drink alcohol whilst I am there. The taxi option has the consequences of cost and having to somehow retrieve my car from the pub. Cola and a drive home has the fewest consequences but I would be considered a fucking bell end if I argued I should be allowed to get pissed and drive home possibly crashing, killing myself and others, because I am a libertarian and you saying I can't get pissed and drive is some how denying my personal freedom, rights and cancelling me.

Anyone not had a jab? The under 65s can book on line now. Ignore the age references and get your appointments sorted before the rush. I booked tonight, and getting done tomrrow.

Second appointments can be booked at the same time - Have your NHS number handy

Please don't. There's a good reason for doing in the order intended - it's how likely you are to die. More vulnerable people than you may die if you take this approach.

Please don't. There's a good reason for doing in the order intended - it's how likely you are to die. More vulnerable people than you may die if you take this approach.
I'm 61. People my age and in my tranche 55 -64 are getting their letters this week or might have got them already . I' ve been told Salford are way ahead and doing over 55s . I could have had a slot tomorrow at 9am in Preston . Don't fucking try to guilt trip me, its just a heads up for people im my tranche

I am 59 and have some health issues but am quite happy to wait my turn - I am well aware they are trying to carry out a huge task and don't need dicks like me trying to elbow my way to the front of the queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.