Ref Watch

I get the keeper wasnt ready but is that against the rules of football ? If it isnt the ref cant just make up the rules !
Well, I explained my feelings on it in the post tbh.

No, it isn't in the rule book but every keeper gets to set up a wall and as an ex-keeper I think it is a shit trick to say yeah you can take it quickly and have a free pop on an empty net.

Why doesn't it happen every game if it is a fair rule?

Sort of like the Rugby at the weekend, did you watch England's game?

Ref tells England Captain to go and have a word with his team about their discipline, Captain goes under the posts brings all the guys in to tell them what the ref said, Ref then allows Wales to chip their penalty into the corner with the onrushing winger unmarked and nab a try as no England players are about, Ref then tells Captain, I gave you enough time to tell them, when blatantly he did no so thing.

It is a cheap shit trick that the ref has to be asked to allow, the ref can no, so in effect a quick freekick isn't a given, it is only a complicit action with the ref's permission, see KDB for a further example.

As for the ref's making up the rules, that happens on a match by match basis, see our offside v Villa for that, none of them really knew that rule, the penalties given, the cards given or not given for the same kind of tackles are decided on the whims of a ref, despite them having firm guidelines.

ps I didn't say he made the correct decision to blow the second time btw, he should have stood by his first decision but he panicked knowing he would be highlighted later for controversy, which ironically he has made worse lol

No, it isn't in the rule book but every keeper gets to set up a wall and as an ex-keeper I think it is a shit trick to say yeah you can take it quickly and have a free pop on an empty net.

Ref tells England Captain to go and have a word with his team about their discipline, Captain goes under the posts brings all the guys in to tell them what the ref said, Ref then allows Wales to chip their penalty into the corner with the onrushing winger unamrked and nab a try as no England players are about, Ref then tells Captain, I gave you enough time to tell them, when blatantly he did no so thing.

It is a cheap shit trick that the ref has to be asked to allow, the ref can no, so in effect a quick freekick isn't a given, it is only a complicit action with the ref's permision, see KDB for a further example.
i agree with you ! the point i am trying to find out is, is the ref allowed to stop a game when no infringement was been made by any player ?

The ref blow to start a game the ref 'fucked up' but is the ref allowed to stop the game when no infringement has been made, but the keeper wasnt ready which is not against the rules !

Going by the rules should the goal have stood ?

it seems the older i get the less i understand the rules of football, i dont understand off-side, i dont understand handball, i dont understand pens being taken after the final whistle,

yes i saw that about the rugby on the news and thought the ref screwed england over

Ref tells England Captain to go and have a word with his team about their discipline, Captain goes under the posts brings all the guys in to tell them what the ref said, Ref then allows Wales to chip their penalty into the corner with the onrushing winger unmarked and nab a try as no England players are about, Ref then tells Captain, I gave you enough time to tell them, when blatantly he did no so thing.

It is a cheap shit trick that the ref has to be asked to allow, the ref can no, so in effect a quick freekick isn't a given, it is only a complicit action with the ref's permission, see KDB for a further example.

As for the ref's making up the rules, that happens on a match by match basis, see our offside v Villa for that, none of them really knew that rule, the penalties given, the cards given or not given for the same kind of tackles are decided on the whims of a ref, despite them having firm guidelines.

ps I didn't say he made the correct decision to blow the second time btw, he should have stood by his first decision but he panicked knowing he would be highlighted later for controversy, which ironically he has made worse lol
I think making every referee, player and manager in the league do a course on the rules of the game and requiring them to pass it before returning to work would solve a lot of issues really.

This handball rule can be sorted by

If your arm is away from your body it hits your hand and the ball is going towards the goal on target it’s a pen if it isn’t it’s not.

Shaw has said Maguire misunderstood what Atwell said now.

While assuming he did say it the worrying thing for me is less that the refs are concerned with how they affect games but more especially if they thought it was a pen, how powerful they actually are.

For the record I watched the game on mute, thought it was a raggy arm in realtime and on the replays.
Mcguire has been at fault before with his take on the l of g.... you know the law of greece

This handball rule can be sorted by

If your arm is away from your body it hits your hand and the ball is going towards the goal on target it’s a pen if it isn’t it’s not.

So across into the box it hits an out stretch arm in the box but as the ball isnt going towards goal its not a pen ? really cant see that ;)

we will end up with VAR drawing lines to see if the ball was going or not lol

Just keep it simple. If it hits the defenders arm, in any way whether a shot or deflection or the bounce of the ball or ricochet and its below the sleeve line then it's a penalty.
Simple.
No looking at monitors and no confusion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.