United (H) Post Match Thread

Poor all round today, easy to say now, walker should have started with there counter being there main threat, cancelo was awful along with de bryne, sterling and jesus, the others average at best. crying out for bernado as well!

On Pep that.....another of his infrequent but famous brain farts.

The team selection was wrong from the start,and im not convinced he understands what the Derby means.....you play your best players in your best 11.

Anyway.....on a positive,hopefully its treated as a wake up call for the CL.
It wasnt wrong from the start. These are great footballers all. This is not Guardiola's doing

Pep every time United play a game within the boundaries of the City of Manchester
31ah-groundhogday-movies-articleLarge.jpg

You say the greatest goalscorer we have is in the stands because you're looking at the past. The likelihood is that player is gone. He hasn't scored a league goal for over a year. He's taken 10 months to come back from a 6 week injury. He looked woeful in the last game.

You're looking at Aguero on the bench and thinking its the old Aguero, and the sad fact is that Pep sees him every day and would have thrown him on in an instant if he thought he could help - he did it all the time over the last 5 years.

He comes on for 10/15 mins and if he’d been on the end of any of the opportunities that Raz fucked up chances are he’d have scored them. He doesn’t need to be fully fit to do that.

So fucking disappointed!
These tw@ts at home again!
Why couldn’t we save this kind of performance for Southampton - i could live with that!
C***y T****ing Pissfl@ps!!!
And breathe......

Is it still 1995 v Blackburn that we last won a game when losing at HT?! Struggling to remember if there was one more recently.

Said in the pre match I felt relaxed. Thought it was because they're so far behind I wouldn't care. Safe to say I was fucking wrong. That hurts regardless of league position.

When I saw the lineup the same foreboding as when I saw the Lyon lineup.

Walker had to start. They're only threat was the counter. Ferny had to start. He is the king of the dark arts. Foden had to start. He knows what it means. Bernardo had to start. He fights for every ball.

It was the wrong lineup and it didn't change at HT as it should have. Sterling just lacks the bottle in the big games. De Bruyne was really poor. Jogging about, playing poor passes and just completely off it.

But for all the stick we might give the team. 21 wins in a row. That's made today painful but tomorrow morning with a clear head it's still a great view from the top.

Maybe we needed a little bump. Rather have had it against Southampton but better than in the FA Cup or CL.

And it still shows how in a big game we are beatable and lacking a clinical edge in front of goal. The wrong pass or a poor one. Not shooting when we could have or shooting when a pass was on.

Pep just hasn't managed to nail their quite obvious tactics against us. But we move on. Three derbies and we won the one we needed to.
It was the wrong line-up and it did feel like the Lyon match beforehand. Pep is a strange beast. He's a total genius most of the time but he throws the curve balls in doesn't he? I was sure Walker would start because of his pace and ability to stop counter attacks. Not playing Bernardo seems bizarre because he is our best player at winning balls and moving the ball forward at pace. It just seemed an absurd team selection. Plus I just don't trust Raheem in the biggest games. He always misses the crucial chances.

We had a fair number of chances...but the team didn’t look confident from the start. In our biggest matches remaining, we have to play the guys who’ve built max confidence together. Don’t actively undermine it.

personally I think pep sees all of this as rotations he’s going to do and to hell with the derby or whatever. He’s committed to a path.

But we’ll see once we get to the biz end of cl - because then it really has to be this year that he stops the impulse to put it all on himself with some unexpected tweak, and he goes all out with his best squad that is simply relentless and wants it the most.

And I love kdb, but his negative arms-in-air energy isn’t the right kind when the team’s under the gun. And when he gets frustrated he gets impatient with passes.

Zinchenko ? What’s he said ..
thanks pep
when will you realise how.important to match going blues the derby is????
energy was needed from the off
bernardo and foden
not your slow sluggish midfield that saw us in the shite up till december
de bruyne was a mile off the pace same as his last 2 games
just shocking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.