United (H) Post Match Thread

Jesus was doing what our forwards always do, it's one of the cornerstones of our play - you lose the ball, you get it back.

5 or 6 times a game you will see Sterling or Foden or Jesus chase back 30-40 yards to make up for losing the ball, he just got a bit overeager at the start of a derby.

90% of the time everyone applauds, the rest of the time they give a foul and kill the counter...no one's done it in our box before that I can remember.

Silly mistake but we had 95 minutes to make up for it and created plenty of chances.
Agree but also you don't risk a bad challenge in the box particularly when you have two colleagues making sure everything is under control.
It was totally unnecessary but the boy will learn from the experience.

Bad day at the office which is made worse because its the Derby, Pep knew they would play on counter attack so no idea why he picked our 3 slowest midfileders to deal with that. Missed the spark of Foden and Bernardo. And if one thing stood out was how much we need a clinical striker. We go again on Wednesday and hopefully on Sat night we could be 17 points clear of United before they play again. CTWD

I like Jesus there I said it lol. But I think a Jesus without Phil and Bernie in the team is only half the player.

That front 4 of Jesus, Foden, Sterling, Bernie will give the defenders no time on the ball. To me that is Citys best attacking line up. One I would have started with yesterday.
The utd back line was never pressed was never attacked at speed.
That front 4 can operate all along the front line the defenders dont know who to mark. Jesus, Sterling and marhez doesnt work well.

Maybe Kev had a lot more respect for the core of the old team David Silva ,Kun , Vinny and Fern but looks at the current bunch and thinks these lot aren’t of that same standard . It looks like he’s in a different wavelength . I wouldn’t be surprised if he thought I don’t fit in here.
If that’s what he is thinking he should look at his own performances first and stop throwing his arms around. He should not have walked back into the side on his current performances sends the wrong message to Bernie and Foden.

We played totally into their hands. They were under increasing pressure after results against top 6 teams away, not scoring against palace, didnt score at chelsea or arsenal, so to gift them a penalty inside 40 seconds just screwed up everything. They were happy to let us have 70% possession and just allowed us to play in front of them but made sure we didnt get in behind. Who knows what would of happened if Jesus hadn't fucked up massively, but that moment pretty much set the tone for the whole game.
By now, we must have the mentality to overcome setbacks. The ten minutes after the penalty told me we still have a way to go. Instead of calmness we got players trying to hard to make up for the mistake. We might well have shipped another goal quite easily.

I think you're over reacting a bit. We weren't that bad. I genuinely thought we could draw that game until about the 80th minute mark. They were under a lot of pressure.

I think it's a good thing that we get a reminder of the importance of high intensity and quality possession in a game that is not going to do us great damage but will shock us. We might learn something from it. KDB needs to get fitter or not play. Ashe has returned from injury, Bernardo or Foden have gone back to the bench and I don't like that. We should be forcing the opponent into losing the ball but we can't do that with KDB in the side. He doesn't have the intensity to his game to do this. He's still a fine player but I prefer Foden and Bernardo.

Keep faith with Jesus. He made a mistake.
I thought from a tactical point of view it was our worst performance of the season (apart from Leicester). We played into their hands and it was a repeat of previous matches against them at the Etihad. Walker would have stopped Shaw getting foward, Foden would have skinned Wan Bissaka, and Bernardo would have run them ragged in midfield stopping counter attacks and creating space for Mahrez and Jesus. Most on here called it before the match and so did the pals I spoke to before the game. For me it was as bad as the Lyon match.

Still.pissed.off
The southampton game can’t come quick enough!
I can understand not playing well and getting beat at home every so often at the Etihad. Why is it always against the Rags? Annoying

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.