United (H) Post Match Thread

That is 3 out of the last 4 PL derbies that we have looked toothless against them, and they have won the game in the exact same manner. They're really not a good team, but we should know by now that they really get up for this game with this muppet in charge and some of our lads (inc Pep) need to get it in their fucking heads that this derby is the biggest in the country. Maybe they've been led to believe it isn't by the media, Scousers and Rag fans, but it's not true.

Kevin had an absolute mare yesterday and he's been poor since he's comeback. Obviously he is capable of things nobody else is, but the least we have got from him in the past is running. He didn't do that yesterday, losing the ball and walking back into position, that's why IMO as bad as Cancelo and Sterling were, Kevin was the worst of the lot. If he is playing in this team and is going to be a passenger, then he can only play in the 9 at the moment. I understand why he started that team, but it was pretty evident early on that we needed energy and to not get Foden & Bernardo on early is criminal.

Like it or not, they are 2nd in the table, at this stage of the season the table does not lie.
It is clear that United are a good counter-attacking team but they are limited technically and have only one game plan. This is what makes our performance yesterday totally stupid. I honestly thought we had finally learned how to play counter attacking teams...by sitting back and playing over them like we did against Spurs. A 0-0 would have been a good result for us yesterday. I thought we had turned into the new calm and ruthless City but what we saw yesterday was the old fragile City. Let's hope we never see it again.

I like Jesus there I said it lol. But I think a Jesus without Phil and Bernie in the team is only half the player.

That front 4 of Jesus, Foden, Sterling, Bernie will give the defenders no time on the ball. To me that is Citys best attacking line up. One I would have started with yesterday.
The utd back line was never pressed was never attacked at speed.
That front 4 can operate all along the front line the defenders dont know who to mark. Jesus, Sterling and marhez doesnt work well.
Totally agree, that the front group for me. I think Fidel is an easy drop for Pep as he’s young probably doesn’t moan. Mahrez 1 good game in 4 Foden 3 in 5.

It is clear that United are a good counter-attacking team but they are limited technically and have only one game plan. This is what makes our performance yesterday totally stupid. I honestly thought we had finally learned how to play counter attacking teams. By sitting back and playing over them like we did against Spurs. A 0-0 would have been a good result for us yesterday. I thought we had turned into the new calm and ruthless City but what we saw yesterday was the old fragile City. Let's hope we never see it again.
Can't play for a 0-0, when your forward decides to give away a pen from the 1st minute off.

I firmly believe the game plan was supposed to be more cautious and let the Rags come to us, but being down 0-1 at less than 5 minutes wrecked that.

Still gutted about the result and frustrated about the starting line up and tactics but trying to tell myself that it is better to get a wake up call in a match that will probably not affect what trophies we win this season.
I thought that United actually played boldly - we should have been able to take advantage of their high line but could not do so.
KdB needs to reflect on his performance and attitude - he is an amazing player but needs to serve the team not his own ego.

Can't play for a 0-0, when your forward decides to give away a pen from the 1st minute off.

I firmly believe the game plan was supposed to be more cautious and let the Rags come to us, but being down 0-1 at less than 5 minutes wrecked that.
I was not suggesting playing for a 0-0 and you are right that the penalty ruined things. My point was we should have swamped the midfield like we did in the League Cup semi and played a false number 9. Our basic standpoint should have been we would not allow any counter attacks. We could have picked them off when they ran out of steam in the second half. We started with the wrong formation and I am sure Pep and the players are well aware of that today. We have been mugged three times in recent years by United at the Etihad and each match was exactly the same.

It is clear that United are a good counter-attacking team but they are limited technically and have only one game plan. This is what makes our performance yesterday totally stupid. I honestly thought we had finally learned how to play counter attacking teams...by sitting back and playing over them like we did against Spurs. A 0-0 would have been a good result for us yesterday. I thought we had turned into the new calm and ruthless City but what we saw yesterday was the old fragile City. Let's hope we never see it again.
The derby is a big game. Yaya gone, Kompany gone, Aguero on the bench.. where are our big game players???

Despite us still being 11 points clear, this defeat has hurt more than it should, even my post match media blackout isn’t cutting the mustard ... I’m not going to start wading in on individuals or indeed, slating the team after the unbelievable run they have put together, I just wish I could let them know how much this one has stung in spite of everything.

Only a win against Southampton will put this anywhere near being consigned to the bin of shame, with all the other defeats against these cunts, despite them being nowhere near us as a team... !

The emotion of a derby defeat often clouds some basic facts , we created enough chances to win this game and we fluffed them , they created chances and took a couple of them . They were not the better team , they played on the break and defended for their lives a common theme in recent derby games , our profligacy cost us the game as much as Pep's poor team selection.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.