Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

If Phil buries that first chance in the second half I reckon we win at least 3-0, even a clean sheet and 2-0 at the worst I think

It wasn't a bad performance at all but it's undeniable that we've once again been caught out for not taking our chances and in this competition it can be crucial

An early goal next week, like this first leg, and we should be sitting pretty. I just don't want it being 0-0 for 80 minutes or I'll be shitting through the eye of a needle

If Phil buries that first chance in the second half I reckon we win at least 3-0, even a clean sheet and 2-0 at the worst I think

It wasn't a bad performance at all but it's undeniable that we've once again been caught out for not taking our chances and in this competition it can be crucial

An early goal next week, like this first leg, and we should be sitting pretty. I just don't want it being 0-0 for 80 minutes or I'll be shitting through the eye of a needle
It wouldn't be like City to put us through that mate, lol

You are definitely venturing into conspiracy theory territory with that comment but also backing up my original comment of how given his decision around their non-goal?
The ref, for a split second at least, was in pre-VAR mode. Blew the whistle - no way of rectifying that. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but UEFA clearly have a problem with us - as evidenced with their pitiful attempt at banning us. I've been saying for years that I've been looking forward to us seeing UEFA in court when we would demolish their ill-thought out FFP, which was designed to keep us away from the top table. Crushing UEFA was our greatest ever victory.

Senior UEFA members walking around saying they wanted us banned before seeing our evidence tells me that we are hated in that organisation. I think they hope refs might see it their way.

Have heard on one of the footy podcasts that this season based on results away teams have the slight advantage in Europe. The lack of fans throws everything off.

Wednesday will be very tough: given their league form this is their whole season.

CL QF is never easy. Those that said it would/should be done first leg are way off the mark. This team in incredible but they've certainly got their demons when it comes to this stage of this competition. Any which way we can get through will be a massive weight lifted and a huge boost if they come through next week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.