Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

well well this is a well balanced tie - it looks like Dortmund are capable of scoring and any sort of serial complacency on our behalf will probably be punished.

this is the Champions League quarter finals so we shouldn't be entitled to anything, these are good opposition, but they look like a better version of Leicester and would probably be 2nd best in the Prem on current team abilities.

i quite liked Dortmund's attacking play, really direct and they found that ball from defence to midfield easy to pick out - it's not the first time a team has occupied space on the half way line and found joy, something to do with our high line creating a space there.

anyway, i was a little disappointed with some of our seeming lack of urgency but on reflection most of the 2nd half was probably game management with an upped tempo for the last 15. Without their goal it was undertaken perfectly but then again, they scored dint they. Haaland is a huge presence, a battering ram. oh the Bellingham/Ederson 'goal' was lucky as fuck :D

we couldn't control the game, first half especially. We have to be better than that, cant put it down to nerves we are just like this from time to time, trust it to be on a big night.

Can see us winning away from home next week, be a different game.

cant see us winning trophy though, hope I am wrong.

Anybody know when our last-minute winner was before Tuesday?

hmm it was a long while ago certainly. Both the Cheltenham and Everton games in the FA Cup were left until the last 5 mins or so, but in both we won by 2 clear goals in the end, so not quite last gasp winners in the sense you mean

i honestly dont know?! Soton absolutely ages ago?

Like to see Fernandinho play instead of Rodri in the return has he will control the midfield and stop anything happening before it does . Ruban Dias has been great all season but haaland went by him like he wasn’t there so we need to be on that because he will get opportunities to run at us . Foden will. Be key in this game .

Last edited:
Like to see Fernandinho play instead of Rodri in the return has he will control him he midfield and stop anything happening before it does . Ruban Dias has been great all season but haaland went by him like he wasn’t there so we need to be on that because he will get opportunities to run at us . Foden will. Be key in this game .
Haalands a big powerful quick centre forward, I think he' caught Dias off balance and the little shove was all that was needed to send him over, I think Dias is good enough not to get caught out like that again.

Haalands a big powerful quick centre forward, I think he' caught Dias off balance and the little shove was all that was needed to send him over, I think Dias is good enough not to get caught out like that again.
Agreed and overall Haaland was kept quiet in that match, in fact, is it not fair to say they all were?

They had more possession than we would have liked in periods but it wasn't as if Ederson had more than a couple of comfortable saves to make and he may well have kept their goal out on a better day. I think Ederson has got too used to being bored in goal this season, so hopefully that game will remind him, he'll have a lot more to do the further we get into this competition. We need him at his best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.