Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

I was impressed with Haaland. He didn't do much but he is an absolute presence when it matters.

It's very rare to see a striker occupy Dias and Stones, which gave the excellent Bellingham the space to thrive.

In our team, we would elevate to domination.

As for our showing, thought we looked a yard short, Bernie looked tired and when he was subbed, our midfield legs ran out.

Eddie really needs to buck his ideas up, it's been noticeable for months his kicking and decision making isn't as sharp as usual.

Thought Gundo was immense.
Totaly agree about Ederson he is a nutcase at times & fucked up last night we were lucky but he did save from the only Haaland chance

He doesnt look arsed at times yet he has everything to become the world's best if his brain kicked in

Utter bollocks, they did their best to beat us on the pitch with countless decisions going against us for a decade now, they then did their best to destroy us at CAS, even though they had zero fúcking case to do that.

Also we had a penalty given by the ref and the decision reversed by VAR, so not exactly going all out for us were they.

Posters like you pop up when we actually get any sort of decision for us, and then use that as some sort of case of how the vast majority are exaggerating UEFA clear bias/agenda against us which they raise on behalf and with the help of nine clubs in this country signing a bullshit letter against us, a two year ban on cut and paste emails.

So you keep your head firmly up your arsè and ignore all evidence which points otherwise.

My post wasn't very clear, I do believe/understand what the people at the top of UEFA have attempted to do to keep us down, however, I don't believe it filters down to referees being ordered to be biased against us and the performance last night was evidence of that. Apologies for any confusion.

My post wasn't very clear, I do believe/understand what the people at the top of UEFA have attempted to do to keep us down, however, I don't believe it filters down to referees being ordered to be biased against us and the performance last night was evidence of that. Apologies for any confusion.
It filters down - whispers here and there - non-recordable. It's then up to the ref.

I see what you're saying but to counter that, a draw and they go out. They need score more than we do. So we can afford to show more patience than they can and wait for our moment. Having said that, if we score early I can see their heads dropping, so I hope we do that instead.
I think we'll go on the attack from the kick off - a third for us is a killer for them. And if they nick one on the break and we go one down, we'll have plenty of time to put it right. For sure, we'll have numerous chances.

Any chance we the Rodri-Dinho pivot in the second leg to sure up the middle of the park? I don't know if I can see Pep dropping Gundo but those two would certainly put a shift in together like at Leicester.

Glad we won, no doubt!

I think our misconnect is that it was a VERY TIGHT first half and then some, with the chances coming later in the second, when they opened up at 1-0 down.

At their place, they know that can play tight for a long period of the game, because they just need 1 goal to go through, and they will get chances.

Believe me, I hope they come out to play expansive football, as that suits us. But, I’m also mindful of the fact that we have played maybe 50% more games than them and an open expansive 90 minutes might start to look bad at the 70 minute mark!
That would be a risky strategy. Firstly, few teams have managed to keep us out even when parking the bus. Secondly, if they open up around (say) minute 70, they will leave space for us to exploit. Saying they only need 1 goal is contingent upon their stopping us scoring for the full game - which very few teams have managed. The likelihood is both teams score in which case they have to win by 2 clear goals to beat us (or 2-1 to go to pens)

That Foden goal had the feel of a last minute winner even though it was only the 1st leg. They have to beat us now and we have only lost 1 game in the last 5 months. I give us a 70% chance of going through from here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.