Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s some truth in what he wrote as it’s an inescapable fact that bigger built athletes simply can’t run the distances that lighter built athletes can.

It’s easy to see when you consider the build of runners. Big lads run the short distances like 100m and as the distances get longer the runners get smaller and lighter.

I’m sure Haaland can press but not as effectively as a lighter / smaller player (and that would apply to Lukaku if we got him too).
How many times will he be running more than 10k in a game?

no player apart from sergio and ederson covered less than an average of 10km per game in 2019, sergio was 9.75km per game,edi was about 4km i think we tend to cover less km per game with the system we are using this season for obvious reasons, if i find the more recent stats i will edit.

10k doesn’t come into it.
He’s got the build of a 1500m runner at best and if he fills out he’ll be built like a 100m sprinter.
Added to that, it’s not Just about distance, recovery time between sprints will be longer.
So, yes he can press, but not for as long or as intensely as a player with a better build for that type of athletic activity.

I want us to get Haaland but I know that we’ll need to alter how we play to fit a big lad like him into our system.

You don’t need to be a sports scientist to understand this, it’s an obvious that we should know through observation of the game.

It’s horses for courses, always has been and always will be.

@aguero93:20
ok another myth busted,
the myth haaland isnt built for pep, hes too big to close down.

match v Stuttgart this season

30 attempted tackles with 19 successful and therefore was more successful than any other player in this game.

He covered a distance of 9.9 km during his total playing time in this game. In doing so, he had a total of 33 sprints.

that is some numbers for a big fucker who cant close down :)

@aguero93:20
ok another myth busted,
the myth haaland isnt built for pep, hes too big to close down.

match v Stuttgart this season

30 attempted tackles with 19 successful and therefore was more successful than any other player in this game.

He covered a distance of 9.9 km during his total playing time in this game. In doing so, he had a total of 33 sprints.

that is some numbers for a big fucker who cant close down :)
So that proves it then he cant run 10k in a match :)

These are two great analysis showing why Haaland is special at pressing:

And additional interesting links:

i was very sceptical with all the hype surrounding haaland, i watched a view vids as we all have, however when he played v us, changed my mind , the reason being he has this aura surrounding him, you could see our defenders were very cautious of him, he didnt do lots in the game but what he did was class, the stand out were the assist and that run v dias.

still i wanted to see other stats, its important to get a full picture before nailing your flag to the mast , so i set out in search of the ugly side of his game, tracking kms in games challenges ect ect ect.

he challenges, he tackles,hes pretty good at tackling and challenging , hes big and strong has a first touch, and he runs his bollox off, the impression in the city match was he doesnt close down, imo that was an instruction via the manager,because in other games he covers the distancse and tackles .

i would hope if we did sign this fucking brute that pep would polish any rough edges off him and he does have rough edges, but the player he is now and the player he would become hopefully after being with pep for a couple of seasons would be scary.

its a yes from me to haaland, and i think it would be worth breaking ours or the prems record to get him.

if he signs for any other prem club, then i have the right to call him a big overated donkey :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.