VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Southampton number 3 is actually sitting on one of the blue lines. This has to be interference by VAR, and the goal should be disallowed. But what are the blue lines actually doing? In my mind, they shouldn't even be on the pitch, so this should be seen as interference by an outside agent, and a drop ball is the correct decision. Uncontested (by the defending team), of course, as the attacking team was in possession at the time of the incident.
But where would the drop ball occur? I don't think they are awarded to attacking teams inside the penalty area and the lines are both inside and out.
And do the lines help the attackers or defenders? You could also argue that as the game was at the Hawthorns they were West Brom's lines and therefore Saints should have the drop ball.
If we keep chatting enough shit we'll get jobs with VAR.

The fact one even exists speaks volumes.
More volumes than Encyclopaedia Britannica have ever published. It's a toss up whether they wish to hide incompetence or corruption or both. It's been clear ever since the PL formed that 'even-handedness' or impartiality have taken a back seat. I think I have never heard a peep from PiGMOL about the need for 'transparency'!

i know someone at work who STILL says VAR is good for the game . fucking hell
I read comments from people that are still "baffled" by decisions, despite the same teams being favoured every week and City being stiched up at almost every opportunity.
The initials stand for Video Assistant Referee. I am not having a go at the technology, I am calling out the corrupt fuckers that do not even bother to use it AND the posters on here that defend them.
Some people claim to be "baffled" by the constant unfair decisions against City, despite it happening practically every game. At the same time asking how can it be bent if once in a while a decision is made against a favoured team? That's exactly why it happens, to throw a little confusion in to the mix. Never mind the previous 99 decisions all in their favour, what about that one decision. Just like several seasons ago with Trafford against Newcastle. It gives them something to point at to claim it's all fair and decisions "even themselves out".

But where would the drop ball occur? I don't think they are awarded to attacking teams inside the penalty area and the lines are both inside and out.
And do the lines help the attackers or defenders? You could also argue that as the game was at the Hawthorns they were West Brom's lines and therefore Saints should have the drop ball.
If we keep chatting enough shit we'll get jobs with VAR.
Surely the lines are in breach of health and safety, they could trip over them. In fact it reminds me of when I was a kid, me and a mate would go either side of the street and when a cyclist was just passing us we would pull an imaginary rope up. Oh how we laughed.

Watching France V Wales in the rugby and its chalk and cheese to how Var is used. Referee talks to both teams, you listen to the conversation between referee and video check official, clear communications thats respected by both teams. How can Var be so awful compared to this
I read that in England the rugby authorities offered to help with it's implementation but the offer was declined? It would have helped with transparency and helped the officials make fair and correct decisions. It's almost as if the poor implementation has been deliberate?

Surely the lines are in breach of health and safety, they could trip over them. In fact it reminds me of when I was a kid, me and a mate would go either side of the street and when a cyclist was just passing us we would pull an imaginary rope up. Oh how we laughed.
Perhaps that's why Mane, Salah and a host of raggies fall over just after they've got in the box. They've tripped up over the lines. I know those aren't the VAR lines but is the same principle.

Because that's exactly how they want it to be. Cricket and Rugby have embraced VAR to ensure the right decisions are reached; football has used it to ensure the "right" results are reached.
The "right" decisions being those that are good for the " brand ". When City have all the money it's a sport. Trafford doing badly isn't good for the "brand" or business. It's interesting that the terminology is as flexible as the rules and decisions.

The "right" decisions being those that are good for the " brand ". When City have all the money it's a sport and used to justify F.F.P. Trafford doing badly isn't good for the "brand" or business though. It's interesting that the terminology is as flexible as the rules and decisions.

It's almost as if the poor implementation has been deliberate?
There has been a lot said recently about certain players not giving their all for the club they represent when they get on the pitch. And whilst this is true of many it is quite easy to understand just why a player, any player, might do this.
Imagine, you've been working tirelessly on your game: your fitness is absolutely top-notch and you, your team mates and manager, have all worked hard in training in order to give 100% at your next game - and then var comes along and undoes all your good work because a player's thumb was in an offside position. You are going to feel pretty pissed off, understandably. And then a few moments later an opposition player throws himself theatrically to the ground in your penalty area with no contact from anyone and var says it's a penalty. You and your team walk away from a game knowing you didn't lose to a better team, with better players and superior tactics, no, you lost the match to either incompetence and/or corruption.
Then in the next days' media you are being ripped to shreds by people like Garth Crooks and Glenn Hoddle for not doing your best.

As with most people, I believe var in football should be used exactly the same way as at is in rugby: open and above board and ref's mic'd up so everyone knows exactly what is happening and why. And if those at pigmol or var say no they should have to come out and explain precisely why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.