Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

Loved it at the end of the US coverage when Kate Abdo said, “Given Liverpool may well not qualify for the Champions League next season, I wonder if Carra will be back with us?”
Micah laughs like a donkey and Carragher, a little stung by both the Liverpool dig and that he’s only there because they’re in the tournament, shoots back, “You don’t want to lose half your viewers, do you?”
Kate Abdo doesn’t miss a beat and fires back, “We may have an opening on Thursday nights for you!”

FUCKING EPIC SLAM and Micah lost his shit!!!
Yeah loved that too. I know many may disagree but I think Carragher is a decent pundit, yes he’s pro Liverpool and anti everyone else but he talks a lot of sense. I think Micah will continue to be a star on tv though, his personality is perfect. It will be quite funny if Carragher is there next season and Liverpool are playing Thursday.

If the ball ricochets off another body part then hits a hand it isn't handball that's clear in the law. In this case his arm was extended (unnatural) and it didn't come off his head onto his arm so clear pen under the law as it is at the moment
Interesting that the home Tv channel was backing the home team would BT have done the same if it had been City?
It did come off his head tho....

that said, i still think its a pen as he made himself big (Head and Arm) so ball wouldn't go past him which to me is an offence and a deserved penalty

Yeah loved that too. I know many may disagree but I think Carragher is a decent pundit, yes he’s pro Liverpool and anti everyone else but he talks a lot of sense. I think Micah will continue to be a star on tv though, his personality is perfect. It will be quite funny if Carragher is there next season and Liverpool are playing Thursday.
Sadly, I have to agree! Micah could up just game in that regard, but I’m not sure he was ever a tactician!

Remember when Walker took that really bizarre shot from 30 yards away and it just didn't make sense? Why would he do that, he doesn't usually, it was a waste of a corner - and they cut to Pep and he wasn't annoyed like he would normally be.

Well it' looks like we were trying to do the routine that Foden scored from and messed it up.

It did come off his head tho....

that said, i still think its a pen as he made himself big (Head and Arm) so ball wouldn't go past him which to me is an offence and a deserved penalty
If the ball hits a part of the body (knee or head, whatever) and it clearly wasn't going to hit the arm/hand from the original shot or cross but then does because of the ricochet, that to my mind is accidental and no pen.

With the incident on Weds night, yes it did slightly touch Can's head before hitting his arm. However the original cross would still have hit the arm if it hadn't touched his head. The arm was in an unnatural position. That is not accidental and is a penalty.

But this is my main problem with the handball rule, they've taken a common sense approach, which admittedly makes the rule greyer in terms of consistency and application, and tried to apply a series of multiple nested if, but and when clauses that try to legislate for a near infinite amount of possibilities.

Extracted from the fa rule (the whole thing is nearly unreadable);

It is an offence if a player:

even if accidental, immediately:
touches the ball with their hand/arm when:
the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger

--Few lines later--

Except for the above offences, it is not an offence if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm:

directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)

So which rule takes precedence?!?! They are in contradiction of each other given last night's incident with Can. For me it's pen all day long and thankfully the ref had interpreted with unnatural body position but the law clearly states for both interpretations. How worrying.
So letter of the law is that it was a pen. The “except for the above“ means that the off the players body onto the arm part only applies if their arm position wasn’t making their body unnaturally bigger. Which it was in this case. Penalty.

Last edited:
Why would I lie about that?

I had a job interview that was due to last 45 mins from 6pm and last until nearly half 7.

And then i wanted to go on a run and needed a food shop in ready for the weekend.

i'm sure one of the members who are on my Strava can vouch for the time i was out running.
Sorry, to be a Top Blue you have to starve and miss out on potential jobs.
Shame on you.. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.