Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A coronavirus variant with a worrying "double mutation" has been detected in the UK after having first emerged in India.

A total of 77 cases of the variant, known as B.1.617, have found across the country up to 14 April, the latest update from Public Health England revealed.

The strain is of particular concern because of features two mutations in the spike protein combined in the same virus, prompting fears it may be more infectious or less susceptible to vaccines.
Haven’t West Ham got a forum felt positive until you post:(

There is certainly an element of hype but the virus is evolving and that evolution is changing the nature of the epidemic.

I don’t disagree with you at all, just every new variant the media report they put the same line in it. Luckily nothing has materialised.

I worry more about the control we have given to governments rather than the variants and our inability to combat them. As other posters have said, we’re seeing similar mutations occurring independent of each other which suggests a limited capacity for mutation with this virus. I’m certain boosters will be able to deal with this fairly easily.

I just worry about long term the power the people have given to government, world wide. I predict (hope) for a summer of riots and disobedience. The public won’t stand for these measures for 10 deaths a day throughout summer.

The ‘oh well, lockdown 4 thanks to people going on to Brighton beach’ people can get fucked. We’ve had enough of these losers dragging everyone else down to their level; the first time in their life they don’t feel like outsiders from general society because they do nowt and go nowhere. Fuck them. These are dangerous people and they need to be ignored.

These weirdos need to understand that their argument of never releasing lockdown so that we don’t end up in lockdown again is not the answer.
Wow, seriously deranged views.

Thankfully the vast majority of the public see people like you as the loser and weirdo, and disagree with almost all that shit you’ve just spilt into your post.

Now wipe the dribble from your keyboard sunshine, turn Ian Brown’s Twitter feed off, and have a sit in the sun for a few hours.

I think you’ve read something in to the post which isn’t there. I think Ian Brown is a dickhead.

I don’t believe this is a fake virus. I don’t believe it was ‘planned’. I don’t believe the vaccine is anything other than a vaccine.

But ask yourself honestly do you think governments will hand back all of the additional power they now have over the public just like that. They won’t. And you know they won’t. As for the other poster saying the lockdown ended on Monday. I’d class not being to able to go inside restaurants, football and not leave the country as a lockdown still. I feel sorry for anyone who truly thinks 21st June will be anything like what they imagined. It’s at that point I think there will be riots.

Here in Sheffield loads of pubs and cafes advertising for staff urgently as demand this week took them by surprise and they're extending opening hours, guess the same in Manchester based on what I saw Monday.

More trade means more business for brewers, street traders, decorators, barbers etc etc.

Great to see.
Yep. Oddly, but somewhat predictably, the bounce back has probably overwhelmed a lot of the businesses in the hospitality sector. I suppose it's a welcome problem to have and far more palatable than still having to remain closed.

No doubt things will calm down a little in the coming weeks, but while there's very little in the way of positive consequences of the pandemic, the way hospitality has had to adapt and improvise could be a great thing going forward. I can see Al Fresco dining and drinking being much more of a thing despite our much vaunted weather even when it's deemed to be safe to eat and drink indoors. There's now loads of provision for outdoor dining and drinking in suburban pubs and in town, particularly in the Northern Quarter. Also, this policy that many bars adopted last summer when we came out of lockdown of just scanning your phone onto a QR code on your table (which then pulls up a menu), ordering your drinks, and having them brought over knocks the shit out of having to queue at a crowded bar and seeing other fuckers get served before you when you were there first.

Prof Paul Hunter, professor in medicine at the University of East Anglia, said the discovery could be cause for significant concern.

"These two escape mutations working together could be a lot more problematic than the South African and Brazilian variants who have only got one escape mutation," he told The Guardian.

"It might be even less controlled by vaccine than the Brazilian and South African variants."

‘Could’ be a lot more problematic

‘May’ be even less controlled

I think you’ve read something in to the post which isn’t there. I think Ian Brown is a dickhead.

I don’t believe this is a fake virus. I don’t believe it was ‘planned’. I don’t believe the vaccine is anything other than a vaccine.

But ask yourself honestly do you think governments will hand back all of the additional power they now have over the public just like that. They won’t. And you know they won’t. As for the other poster saying the lockdown ended on Monday. I’d class not being to able to go inside restaurants, football and not leave the country as a lockdown still. I feel sorry for anyone who truly thinks 21st June will be anything like what they imagined. It’s at that point I think there will be riots.
The situation on June 21st will be infinitely better than it was on January 21st mate so I doubt very much that there will be riots

‘Could’ be a lot more problematic

‘May’ be even less controlled

You work with the info you have at the time, Best guess as it were. As the WHO have said over and over. if you wait till you know everything you have already lost as by then its taken hold and is impossible to stop.

better to react and be wrong than not and be dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.