Yaya Toure apologises for accusing Guardiola of ‘having problems with Africans’

Awesome player for City but must of took a bung from the Yanks to be coming out with that shit about Pep

One of our greatest players and for me the greatest.

His legacy will be what he did on the pitch with his feet, not what he did off the pitch with his mouth.

Pep doesn’t have to accept his apology but that doesn’t mean that Yaya Toure should not be viewed as anything other than a monumental legend who defines the greatest and most exciting era in our history.

He gave me my favourite moment watching City 10 years ago today, that’s how I remember him, if you remember him for what he said in the papers then that’s sad.

Not quite sure why my post elicited your response as I was only pointing out that most people who posted in the thread were of a like mind with Kaz's post.

But seeing as you had your say, I'll have mine.

A legend is a full package, unfortunately, Yaya was not one. Fantastic player and genuine world-class for 3 seasons, shame he couldn't keep his mouth closed.

You can't be a legend whilst besmirching the club in the press, we all lambast him for the cakegate incident but saying the club stopped him seeing, no forbid him from seeing his dying brother was far worse and then to top it all off with the Pep is a racist shit and how do you crown this player a legend.

Nobody said he wasn't a good player, we are talking about being a legend, that comes from both on and off the pitch, so your silly cheering on integrity comment is just that, silly and unwarranted.

Yaya isn't fit to lick Bell's boots though.
I'm not having a go at you but I'm not talking my about legend. I'm perfectly happy and agree he doesn't qualify.
I'm talking about people saying he's tarnished his legacy which I don't agree with because in my view his legacy is largely on the pitch and what fans will remember and everything else is whiff waff. That may or may not be correct.
I do agree though that the stupidity off the pitch stops him being a legend.

Did you watch us between 2010 and 2014? That post must be a wind up. Ha ha
I'm quite comfortable with NOT calling him a legend because I agree it takes more than just football to qualify for that status- just look at Zabba, but to say Toure didn't play a big part for us is plain ridiculous
The goal at Newcastie on the run in. He was a legendary part in our revival, but not a legend.

We'll still want to sing the yaya/kolo song.

Sorry but this is bollocks. You quote one great performance, great players perform much more often than he did, I saw plenty of games he played where he ambled around like a blind, old man looking for his lost dog in the park. He would not fit into today's team at all, where 100% effort and commitment are essential.
It’s not at all.

He was the best player in the league and most influential performer in our team in the entire title winning seasons of 2011-12 and 2013-14. He turned up when needed for all of our biggest moments from West Ham away in October 2010 right through to the end of the 2014 season.

I quoted one game because that was the best, but you must have some warped sort of mind to forget all the rest he did.

And who gives a shit that he wouldn’t fit into today’s team? He’s not on our potential transfer list for this Summer!

Billy Meredith won one trophy for City and then took part in being a total weasel and getting himself banned for being a dodgy **** and a load of other City players banned by grassing them up thinking he’d get a lesser punishment, and then went to United with the others and won two league titles and an FA Cup while we didn’t recover for about twenty years... but Billy Meredith is still spoken of now as a legend!

Yaya Touré did more for this football club than Meredith did and less to bring disgrace to the club.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe he just wanted to clear the air with that gaff? He was given a good send off, had a training pitch named after him and a mosaic, maybe he's happy with that.

It was Pep he needed to apologise anyway and he's done that now, so maybe it's time we all moved on from that one.

Edit: Don't want him on the coaching staff though, might be paranoid but agent Yaya getting his revenge for cake gate is not what we want. Actually no, if he is trying to get on the coaching staff, hire him and give him access to a fake intranet where we feed him fake documents to forward to UEFA, so we can weed all the snakes out. ;)

Last edited:
It’s not at all.

He was the best player in the league and most influential performer in our team in the entire title winning seasons of 2011-12 and 2013-14. He turned up when needed for all of our biggest moments from West Ham away in October 2010 right through to the end of the 2014 season.

I quoted one game because that was the best, but you must have some warped sort of mind to forget all the rest he did.

And who gives a shit that he wouldn’t fit into today’s team? He’s not on our potential transfer list for this Summer!

Billy Meredith won one trophy for City and then took part in being a total weasel and getting himself banned for being a dodgy **** and a load of other City players banned by grassing them up thinking he’d get a lesser punishment, and then went to United with the others and won two league titles and an FA Cup while we didn’t recover for about twenty years... but Billy Meredith is still spoken of now as a legend!

Yaya Touré did more for this football club than Meredith did and less to bring disgrace to the club.
You know you're on a bit of a loser when you have to go all the way back to 1905 to make a comparison :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.