Return of Supporters

More still available now then there was yesterday - 746, I assume some held back for F&F etc have been added back.

I reckon it will go to all LC Scheme members as selling very slowly.

The club could have sounded this out 3 months ago once we made the final or at least when Boris made his announcements/news of fans at the final was announced. A quick email- “will you be interested in being part of a test event with all that entails” - save all this pissing about with points. They should have just said first come first served OR apply online and we will do a ballot. Clearly most people can’t be arsed with this and who can blame them.

It also gives an insight into what it will be like come new season if there are similar stupid rules around everything we do.

Don’t get PCR test and lateral test mixed up. You can order a PCR test to be sent to your house and can do it anytime this week. City have said they are in talks about lateral flow test sites and will let us know but they are guaranteeing we will get the opportunity to have one done.
Isn’t a Oct test if you show symptoms

I understand being any kind of rep is a thankless task, but consulting fans is the right thing to do and they may come up with thoughts/ideas you've not considered.
What are your thoughts on ensuring the ballot system doesn't unfairly discriminate against under 18s as they are likely to have fewer points (and they've already been excluded from the League Cup Final)?
Also, do you think fans who get tickets for the Carabao Final and FA Cup final (should we get there) should be allowed to enter the Everton ballot?
Will the ballot for the Everton game not exclude fans based on their postcode? (I qualified for League Cup Final but was excluded as I now live in the Midlands, which is nearer to Wembley than lots of the home counties areas)
Do you know who decided on the postcode lottery for City fans for the Carabao Final (particularly as spurs fans can travel from anywhere).
Cheers.
Happy to answer all of those.

1) If the government say that U-18's have to be excluded then that's one thing and we can't do much about that. If not then it's already been agreed that anyone can enter the ballot but not unaccompanied youngsters (I think the age limit is 16 for that). So if City aren't restricted and have a free choice in the matter, U-18's will have the same chance as everyone else. If we allow 2 tickets per applicant, then if a parent gets a ticket he can take his child as well.

2) When we thought we might be getting 12k per game for all games this calendar year, our initial view was that people shouldn't be automatically excluded from a subsequent ballot if they'd won tickets in the previous one but maybe would be if they'd been successful in 3 consecutive ones. But obviously that was never tested as it didn't happen.
Personally I'd allow anyone getting a ticket for next week into the ballot for Everton tickets, because there's no guarantee all those on high points will get one for that latter game, as they can for the League Cup. I can't say that will be the consensus view of City Matters as well as we've only touched on it briefly so far and not talked to the club about it. As I said, we'd like a number of tickets to go exclusively to higher points holders for the Everton game but whether that's a ballot or application we haven't discussed yet. We've pressed the club really hard on this and we'd be very disappointed if we were ignored.

3) The postcode requirement was forced on us (but not Spurs) by the authorities unfortunately, which is one of the reasons that the 1894 Group, the OSC and the THST issued that statement. It's ridiculous that Spurs fans could travel from the Midlands, under their own steam, while City fans can't and are restricted in the way we have been. I certainly don't think that City themselves will be happy as they've had to make all these arrangements which Spurs haven't had to do. The trsting requirements reduce risk considerably and, to me, it would be more useful to let people travel independently then see the results, rather than seal some in trains and coaches.

But maybe that's the government rationale, seeing if there's a different outcome from one group than from another. Let's hope there isn't as it'll be shit next season if we all have to go to away games via prescribed methods. If we can go to away games at all that is.

Good luck to everyone who is going and I admire their tenacity. I am ducking out this time and missing our first Wembley trip since 1970 (apart from the Members Cup). I think we have been treated shoddily for this match compared to free tickets for many local Spurs fans.
I also won't enjoy myself in such a controlled environment as an organised coach or rail trip. I always travel independently everywhere to watch City and can't change this habit of a lifetime. But I have huge respect for those who are going. This will be the new York away.
Part timer........
Fancy missing the Full Members Cup.

Happy to answer all of those.

1) If the government say that U-18's have to be excluded then that's one thing and we can't do much about that. If not then it's already been agreed that anyone can enter the ballot but not unaccompanied youngsters (I think the age limit is 16 for that). So if City aren't restricted and have a free choice in the matter, U-18's will have the same chance as everyone else. If we allow 2 tickets per applicant, then if a parent gets a ticket he can take his child as well.

2) When we thought we might be getting 12k per game for all games this calendar year, our initial view was that people shouldn't be automatically excluded from a subsequent ballot if they'd won tickets in the previous one but maybe would be if they'd been successful in 3 consecutive ones. But obviously that was never tested as it didn't happen.
Personally I'd allow anyone getting a ticket for next week into the ballot for Everton tickets, because there's no guarantee all those on high points will get one for that latter game, as they can for the League Cup. I can't say that will be the consensus view of City Matters as well as we've only touched on it briefly so far and not talked to the club about it. As I said, we'd like a number of tickets to go exclusively to higher points holders for the Everton game but whether that's a ballot or application we haven't discussed yet. We've pressed the club really hard on this and we'd be very disappointed if we were ignored.

3) The postcode requirement was forced on us (but not Spurs) by the authorities unfortunately, which is one of the reasons that the 1894 Group, the OSC and the THST issued that statement. It's ridiculous that Spurs fans could travel from the Midlands, under their own steam, while City fans can't and are restricted in the way we have been. I certainly don't think that City themselves will be happy as they've had to make all these arrangements which Spurs haven't had to do. The trsting requirements reduce risk considerably and, to me, it would be more useful to let people travel independently then see the results, rather than seal some in trains and coaches.

But maybe that's the government rationale, seeing if there's a different outcome from one group than from another. Let's hope there isn't as it'll be shit next season if we all have to go to away games via prescribed methods. If we can go to away games at all that is.
Cheers for your responses. You might be right about the different travel arrangements as it might be factored into the research they are doing.

The club could have sounded this out 3 months ago once we made the final or at least when Boris made his announcements/news of fans at the final was announced. A quick email- “will you be interested in being part of a test event with all that entails” - save all this pissing about with points. They should have just said first come first served OR apply online and we will do a ballot. Clearly most people can’t be arsed with this and who can blame them.

It also gives an insight into what it will be like come new season if there are similar stupid rules around everything we do.
A lot of the requirements were imposed by other authorities and the club would not have known 3 weeks ago.

They could have been more flexible with transport which I think is half the reason tickets are not selling fast, if you go by car and lad who is eligible on the 2nd day and lives with you has to go by coach or train, that could be the real killer. Or if 4 go by car £50 petrol are forced to spend £200 on a coach and spend 12 hours wearing a mask.

After the 1pm rush 669 left, so around 80 initially but hard to tell as people select they disappear and come back.

Reactions: Vic
Isn’t a Oct test if you show symptoms
I rang 119,and they said you can only recieve a Pcr test kit if you show symptoms,otherwise it’s a home lateral flow test which takes 30 minutes to get a result,the pcr test result can take up to 5 days

Going by what Prestwich Blue has said why do City always seem to get the short straw ?

Spurs fans from the Midlands can go to Wembley but City fans in the south east cant !

Odd isnt it my next door neighbour can go because he is a spurs fan, but I cant because I am a City fan. How is that fair ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.