Chelsea - FA Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

Regardless of playing a weakened side ,some of the players picked today let pg & mcfc down .
When you get your chance you have got to take it & impress the management ,none of them have been able to do that during the chelsea & leeds games .
I reckon their will a few outgoings in the summer , if they can get takers ?
Torres will get time , but at the moment is to timid & needs to toughen up & physically bully his opponent back .
Mendy plays like he has got long covid & to see how jesus & sterling have gone so far backwards with their form & confidence is concerning .

Pep Guardiola: “When you lose the game, the decisions are bad, but it’s a poor argument, my friends. It’s a poor argument.” Guardiola also pointed out that #ManCity had two and a half days to recover from BVB, plus travel.

Garbage
PSG will wipe the floor with us
The same PSG who let Choupo Moting run riot? Who lost against bayern (without their spine Lewan, Gnabry, Goretzka, Sule) and Lille at home (and trail 3p in a one-horse race) ?
Would you trust Dagba, Florenzi, Kimpembe, Paredes, Herrera, Danilo, their LB, Choupo Moting to make our first team?
I think there's no doubt we'll have our fair chance.

He’s been shite all season.
The only reason he shouldn’t have been subbed off is because he shouldn’t have been on in the first place.
With the way we rotate we all knew he would be play though. The thing is he should be contributing a lot more regardless.
Our set up today did him no favours but the sad thing is he doesn’t have the skill set to contribute in a game like today. His first touch, ball control decision making and passing ability is not to the standard we require.
That is before his confidence issues come into play at all.

Cancelo has the skill set but has poor decision making at times and is careless consistently giving the ball away very cheaply. I don’t think he had a full backs instinct for danger either. He worries me, he is so overconfident at times.
Rodri has improved greatly this season but is still too slow to play with an aging Fernandinho against a young agile opponent. He dwells too long gets shut down and gave the ball away a lot today.
Torres just hasn’t got up to the speed of the English game at all yet.

It was no one players fault. I thought even reliables like Dias looked tired and nervous of this defence.
Steffen gifted them an open goal.
Mendy? Less said the better.
I hope Kev is okay but even before he turned his ankle he looked tired and slow.

The way I see it, I never really considered the quadruple as I don’t think we are as strong with our second eleven out or even our second 7 or 8 in our rotation system.

We have done remarkably well this season with a team without a striker and no forward that you would have confidence in, in a one on one with the goalkeeper.
We need our best eleven plus three on the bench in every important must win game at this stage, and currently I don’t see Sterling in that fourteen.
It’s up to him to prove he should be there but he rarely does these days.

Oh by the way, I still love this team and how they have played this season although it doesn’t sound like it from this rant, but e think we are a replacement for Fern and Aguero and Mendy possibly, from being truly formidable. What Pep has got out of this squad, this season, is remarkable when you consider the players that were being lambasted last season, stepping up to the plate this year.
If you're old enough, do you remember what happened to ratners the jewelers when their CEO declared on TV that they sell some cheap tat? We may well have wealthy owners but our playing staff are still assets.

If he could get a goal in midweek it would all come back to him. His pace with the ball is electric . Just needs confidence as you say

Was thinking the same.. but disagree on the goal. He’s scored goals in this blip. He needs a goal and a match wining performance to flip his form. A goal and a man of the match performance would be all it would take.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.