Chelsea - FA Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

I hope this game ends the lingering opinion some have that Ferna is part of our best team and should be signed up for another year.

He struggled against Leeds (no idea why youd take Ake off and swap him for a 36yo as last line of defence) and today was shown up as an old man. Dirty tackles first half he was lucky to get away with and mostly was given the run around by spritely lads in the chelsea side. He controlled nothing.

and of course Mendy struggled, it was fine against Cheltenham but this was Chelsea ffs. They’re in a champions league semi final - forget where they are in the league their form under Tychel is brilliant and they will push us next year. It was not a game for reserves.
Completely disagree about Fernandinho. I’m sure a lot will. Poor form in Torres, sterling & mendy Is what cost is that game. I’d have started Fernandinho alone with de bruyne and Bernardo as the midfield trio today. Rodri had a poor game too.

Regardless of playing a weakened side ,some of the players picked today let pg & mcfc down .
When you get your chance you have got to take it & impress the management ,none of them have been able to do that during the chelsea & leeds games .
I reckon their will a few outgoings in the summer , if they can get takers ?
Torres will get time , but at the moment is to timid & needs to toughen up & physically bully his opponent back .
Mendy plays like he has got long covid & to see how jesus & sterling have gone so far backwards with their form & confidence is concerning .

Gabby was a much better player when he first joined us. Its shocking the regression....maybe some of our coaching staff want a bollocking.

What sums the game up for me was cheslea's selection. They were able to do next to nothing and turn us over playing with bloody ziyech and werner...

The same PSG who let Choupo Moting run riot? Who lost against bayern (without their spine Lewan, Gnabry, Goretzka, Sule) and Lille at home (and trail 3p in a one-horse race) ?
Would you trust Dagba, Florenzi, Kimpembe, Paredes, Herrera, Danilo, their LB, Choupo Moting to make our first team?
I think there's no doubt we'll have our fair chance.
Very arrogant talk. Pochettino knocked us out with much worse Spusr side.

On top of that PSG has star quality which we lack in Neymar and Mbappe. Those two are much better than any player we have

Pep Guardiola: “When you lose the game, the decisions are bad, but it’s a poor argument, my friends. It’s a poor argument.” Guardiola also pointed out that #ManCity had two and a half days to recover from BVB, plus travel.
The Leeds game was a clue

Well that was so disappointing, to say the least.
To begin with, i didn't understand playing both Fern and Rodri, there's no pace there & then to put Fern on Mount!!!
We just started off so lethargic and were off the pace all game.
Mendy and Sterling were awful in my opinion, closely followed by Cancelo, what's happened to him???
I'm old enough that i can stand losing but that's two FA Cup semi finals in a row now where we didn't turn up and played like we didn't want to be there.
We need to get back to winning ways on Wednesday.

All that matters now is KDB

If his season is over the repercussions are simply too sickening to even think about

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.