The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
You are glossing over the fact that most fans of most clubs know they will never win the Premier league, or be in the chumps league.... but it is the ILLUSION that it COULD happen that makes the competitive nature of the leagues so compelling.
That's why promotion chasing Brentford can dream of the premier promised land whilst playing former 2 time European champions Notts Forest.
Remove that and it's all just pointless.
I watch test cricket, 6 nations and club rugby, lions tours, and plenty of other sports including local level sport and I can honestly say promotion and relegation (or not) makes virtually no difference to my enjoyment of any given event. I certainly I’m no fan of what I’ve heard proposed today, but I can’t honestly say promotion/relegation is what stops it all from being pointless. Ultimately my main priority in football is as a supporter of City, not the FA or the “football pyramid”.

UEFA, the English Football Association, the Premier League, the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF), LaLiga, the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) and Lega Serie A all announced that statement together as one.

Germany and France have both dismissed it outright.

Er dont know why I am quoted as saying that ! I havent said that ;)

they don’t need fans all they need is tv companies paying billions
Who in turn need viewers.
It will draw viewers, no doubt, but a fracturing of fan bases will reduce stadium attendances.
Half empty stadiums are not a turn on for foreign TV viewers, or TV companies. The whole point is WANTING to be there, in the crowd watching the game and part of the atmosphere... if the teams can't fill a stadium, the foreign TV viewers will lose interest quickly.

The fact that some people think this new Super League won't try and stiff City worse than UEFA tried (which was by the ESL founders requests and moaning tbh) is quite amusing.
I can see it a mile off: Madrid’s owner, United’s owners, Liverpool’s owner, Juve’s owner and Arsenal’s owner are the chairmen of this, and we haven’t got a single person representing us on the board.

We’ll be kicked out within three seasons as the pigs at the trough find a way to fuck us over, and we won’t be welcomed back to domestic football after breaking away.

This will end in tears for City.

We are the most naïve club in world football if we go along with this!

maybe club will want both and have 2 teams one in the super league and another in the premier league
It'd have to be approved by the PL and UEFA. What happens if those 'teams' qualifies to the CL? No way in hell UEFA would accept that eventuality, hence the expulsion threat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.