The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Great news for our local non league clubs, you can add one to Bridge Celtics attendances next season. Looking forward to standing at the Bower Club with a Guinness watching the game, and not having to purchase 30000 “loyalty” (lol) to get to away games.
Also not being that arsed if someone who only gets paid £100 a game can’t dribble, can’t hit a barn door, can’t tackle, can’t head a ball, can’t beat a goalie in a 1 on 1 etc etc etc
Last Bridge Celtic game I attended was against Barrow in the play off final up at Burton. Think that was 2008, absolutely class, used to love going home and away, cheap as chips and such a laugh. Might have to add another to their attendances next season!

Get your point but having promotion and relegation as a jeopardy is a great way to ensure a competitive season to the end etc - I don't see removing it as a step in the right direction..........
I’m not saying it’s ideal either, for sure, I just don’t think that aspect is the biggest worry for me here and now as a City supporter.

I think this is just hot air and a lever to get what they want. Remember when they last did this, threatening to break away and form a European super league and the powers that be caved in and formed the champions league? This is similar.
I think it has gone too far. A bit like our own battle with UEFA. The bottom line is that UEFA's proposal for a new CL format is shockingly bad. The plans are anti-competitive and no one wants an increase in meaningless group games. If they go ahead the CL is doomed anyway.
So UEFA have played into the hands of the bunch of crooks who run Juventus, LFC, Arsenal, MUFC etc. These crooks have been waiting for the opportunity to seize control. City are in an impossible position. How can we ever support UEFA knowing what we know about their corrupt antics over the CAS case? I am not sure how this is going to play out. The timing couldn't be worse with key matches coming up because this will unsettle Pep and the players.

Termination and compensation!
The problem with that is there’s at least 12 clubs with 20 players each (approx), sure the top top players could go sign for Bayern, Dortmund, PSG to ensure they can play international football but for the other 220 or so players (majority would be full internationals) where do they go?

Do they join a Leicester or Everton so they can play for England, Spain, Algeria etc....you can bet If they were getting offered 100k a week less to join a “lower team” but play international football, the majority would choose the £.

So where's the cash coming from to support this Super League? Is it predominantly from non-European subscribers?

American bankers I think I heard? Trust me if it takes off and we're in it we will never be allowed to win it, we'll be stitched up like a kipper, there to make up the numbers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.