The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
By the way, franchises almost never move. In any sport here in the US.
That’s not strictly true. There have been quite a few NHL teams that have moved and I can certainly recall some NBA and Major League Baseball teams moving. I’m not a big fan of the NFL also I’m not sure about them.

I’m not arsed about UEFA, I actively dislike them, but I don’t want City to fuck over the long standing traditions of English football. So City need to get their heads around this properly and do the right thing for English football.

UEFA being saved is a side consequence.
I understand the moral obligations. Maybe this is our chance to break down the corruption we have faced?

Don’t forget the cunts in the premier league who signed that letter against us. Why should we help those clubs? They have been out to stop us from the start.

we do ? we can stand strong and back the FA and let them fuck off. then we could have a proper league based on fairness to everybody no pressure on the officials just good old football and not just money

we could even bring in celtic ranger and a couple more teams and would be a great league and not panto

And the best players would simply walk away to the 'glamour clubs'.

Let's not kid ourselves here, eh?

TV rights around the world are sold on the premise of the so-called Big Six, not for watching Burnley and Fulham.

We would be stuck in a league with a financial advantage against clubs without a pot to piss in due to reduced TV money.

It's all posturing at the moment but something will have to give.

Can someone please, clarify...cos I think I'm missing something....

The statement I read suggests it's a replacement to current (and impending new) Champions League.....and that teams would continue to play in their domestic league......is that correct?

How can the FA ban clubs, as well as players representing their country, if it doesn't impose on the league?

As far as I'm concerned the CL and internatiinal football are shite anyway......

What am I missing that this is the end of football if the premier league isn't affected?

Yeah but that won't happen.

Be rational, the big clubs aren't going to abandon the majority of their money and games for what is a CL replacement.

Their aim is binning the CL for their own closed European tournament. If that's not how it shapes up, they'll abandon it.
Well I pray you are correct.

Just seen a United fans take on it:

United Fan said:
I am completely in support of this move. I want to see Man Utd play in Europe irrespective of whether we come top 4 or not and this literally ensures it. Why should I be aghast at us cementing our place and competitive advantage when oil clubs are doing the same thing within the current setup by spending money?

FFP is dead and old firm clubs will cease to exist at this rate. Very soon Newcastle will be owned by the Saudis and they will hold on to another CL spot so basically it will be the rest of the league fighting for 2 spots only.

Clubs are run like businesses and they want predictable cash flows. This ensures that too. It’a a win win in my opinion. Feck UEFA. I would have said otherwise if they had enforced FPP strictly. Not anymore.

Everything wrong with football, can't outspend and bully teams anymore so they're taking their ball home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.