The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
It will be interesting to see the impact on domestic football. Whilst it is nearly impossible for most clubs to win the Prem and play in the CL, made more unlikely by FFP there was still a glimmer of hope for the fans that this dream might actually come true. The fact the blue ribbon competition is now populated predominantly by founding clubs and they have made up the rules themselves is staggeringly arrogant....but so predictable..... Will the fans stay away from these ESL games when people are allowed to return to games?

Unbelievable.

City should be the last club signing up to such a thing, not among it's founding members.

What was it all for? That Nicky Weaver moment to promote us to the first division is one of our greatest moments in history. The absolute outpouring over 93:20. All these things we've fought for, and fight for, all flushed down the toilet for this?

This isn't the City I know, the one my family has supported for four generations. I'm ashamed and bitterly disappointed.

That fucking boilerplate press release on our website with a quote from Glazer. Fuck you City.

I was incredibly surprised to see that as well. When the full story of this episode is revealed I hope it makes more sense that my current interpretation..

It's not about money.

It's about a five year olds terrifying first trip to the match.
It's about going to Billy's to pick up away tickets.
It's about the excitement of a first away day at Port Vale.
It's about trying to keep up with the old man down Platt Lane and Dickie Road whilst managing to collect conkers.
It's about being the only City fan on the planet who wasn't at York.
It's about someone accidentally burning a hole in your favourite shirt in The Sherwood.
It's about eating your body weight in Bacon Frazzles in The Gardners.
It's about sitting in school listening to rags talking about Champions League, knowing you're getting picked up and taken to Lincoln.
It's about getting pissed on all night at Stockport County.
It's about going to Bury and thinking someone had nicked the seats.
It's about having your first Chicken Balti Pie at West Brom.
It's about having your second Chicken Balti Pie at Wolves then getting bollocked for getting it on your new coat.
It's about going posh in the Silver Suite for your Grandads last match.
It's about getting you leg stuck between seats during a pitch invasion and thinking you're going to die.
It's about finally getting what we all deserve after so much shite.
It's about standing beside your family and friends through bad times and good.

It's about so much more!!

Whatever happens here blues, you'll always have your memories.

What a horrible choice.

Stick with the PL who tried to shaft us with domestic FFP and show solidarity with Burnley, Wolves and the rest of the shithouses putting their names to letters trying to shaft us ? Support UEFA and the likes of Tebas and the Bayern and Dortmund hierarchy who have slagged us off at every available opportunity ?

Or go with the absolute vermin who did their utmost to destroy us and are now systematically destroying English football ?

I don't believe for one second that the PL, UEFA and FIFA will go through with their threats of expulsion, but, if they did, what would stop the American owners from throwing us out in a couple of years to replace us with someone more "historically worthy" (i.e. American owned) ?

The only thing we can say with absolute certainty is that we can't trust anyone

@Ric or mods, seeing as for now City are an English club. Can we change the title to “City ARE a founding member” rather than the god awful Americanism “City is a founding member”

Sorry SWP's back, but even a bit pissed at 03:00 the use of 'is' is actually correct.

City is a singular term, therefore 'is' is the correct way to refer to us. For example 'John is a twat' means that this John is a twat in the same way that City is a founding member means that City is a founding member.

Fuck me I need to go to bed

Yeah, I think City the team would be a plural as it's a grouping of people, but City the club would count as a singular as it's more of an entity in its own right. Willing to be corrected here.

No, it’s used in American English but not in the U.K. for sports teams and you’ll notice the mods have already made the change.

“Manchester City” is a plural noun, like the ‘All Blacks’. No one outside of the US would say “The All Blacks is playing well”, nor should they use “Manchester City is playing well”, for both “are playing well” would be used.

City is or City are ... ??

City IS a club and City ARE a team, imho, and the decision to join the SL is by the club and not the team ...

Otherwise I guess the official statement put out by City last night was drafted in America as well ...

Manchester City is one of twelve European football clubs which have come together to announce today that they have established a new mid-week competition, the Super League, governed by its Founding Clubs.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.