The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
A part of the club within me has died tonight. The super league itself is a vile idea but the fact we've got into bed with this bunch of corrupt cartel is even worse.

Neville was wrong in one thing he said yesterday. This is exactly what you would expect from Liverpool and United. City have really, really disappointed me and whatever happens they will never get that back.

Super League company has written to FIFA and UEFA presidents last night warning them that they have already started taken legal action to prevent football authorities from blocking their plans for the breakaway league

A motion has been filed in multiple courts to ensure nothing can block these guys from having their way. UEFA, leagues and FAs considering their own legal options. (Still have sense FIFA might not be that upset about this).

From NYT

These guys have obviously been planning this.. Ugh

Super League company has written to FIFA and UEFA presidents last night warning them that they have already started taken legal action to prevent football authorities from blocking their plans for the breakaway league

From NYT

Whole thing makes me sick to my stomach. City getting in bed with the Glazers and their ilk is absolutely disgusting.

Where the fuck is Soriano? Or Khaldoon? The outcry over this demands, at the very least, a response.

I said to the missus, the Super League is a disaster but the most disappointing thing is that City, our club, have gone along with this. Come what may, I don't think this can be forgiven or forgotten.

The Premier League hold the most important ticket in town here, I still think they hold the power, ESL loses all of it's value if the 6 English teams aren't there. Only so many El Clasico's in a row people are willing to watch.

The ESL want's to run alongside domestic competition, the Premier League can stop that. American investors are backing this because the English sides are there. The Premier League has to kick them out, take the financial hit and hope they come crawling back.
probably already stated, but something must already be agreed upon for the super league to have posted that teams are still playing domestically on their web site, they wouldn't just assume that on something this big.

Last edited:
This will ruin the premier league which is the competition we most want to win
Essentially the teams will rest players and throw premier league matches as no one needs to win it.
They are all already in the closed shop and will want the money from that
Where is the hope for the clubs left behind??
Sad day for football when you let florentino Perez and the American greed merchants take over the game

City, you greedy greedy greedy greedy greedy greedy greedy shysters!

How the fuck can you get into bed with Perez, the Glazers, Henry and Kroenke?

How the fuck can you be so naïve that you’d trust those cunts who are the main men at the table in this and we appear to be tag alongs with no representation on the board?

Yanks have been trying to ruin us for years, and we’re tugging on their sleeves with this pretending to be mates with them? FUCK OFF! There’s only one way this is going for us, and it doesn’t look good at all.

How can you do this to the long standing traditions of domestic football? This will ruin domestic football, it’ll ruin the meritocracy of the sport, there will be the same six teams at the top of the league at a time when we’d almost got rid of the entire Sky 4 from this season’s Top 4.

How would we have felt if this had happened without us in the mid 00s pre-takeover? We’d be rightly fucking fuming! The likes of Everton WestHam and Villa will be rightly fucking fuming with us... yet we go ahead and just turn into Manchester United MkII? We are now as bad as anything we’ve ever aimed at United and Liverpool.

Shame on you, City. Fucking shame on you!

I’ll be seriously considering what I do now with regards to my support of this football club. I’ll certainly not be paying attention to a single second of this greedy competition, but I may very well also ditch my match going support for you and my support for you full stop.

Fucking shame on you, City!

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to assume Khaldoon will be against this but businessman in Soriano probably talked him to accept this farce

Horrified lads, this is selling out clear and simple. It is top table elitist bullshit that will erase the history and essence of each league. I love City and i want to see our club grow and succeed but not at any cost.
We need to remember who we are and what we stand for.

probably already stated, but something must already be agreed upon for the super to have posted that teams are still playing domestically on their web site, they wouldn't just assume that on something this big.
Is this why it took so many attempts to find a “suitable” new PL chairman a while back?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.