The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
For decades fans of City have derided the fans of clubs like Liverpool, Utd & Arsenal as being glory-hunters, only 'supporting' their team because they've been successful.

Here we are with some of our 'fans' (not many thankfully) in favour of this abomination of an idea because, well, the alternative is City not being successful.

The very definition of glory-hunters.
Well said.

No I wasn't. I don't need to explain my feelings, but I will. We were given the opportunity to catch up with the others, something which I never thought I'd see in my lifetime. We had been overtaken ourselves, don't forget, and for years were a standing joke to the rest of football. I am embarrassed now because City have signed up with a bunch of clubs who tried to put us down. The same clubs who effectively shut the door on any other club having the good fortune we have enjoyed. I have never been comfortable with the CL format but this is the rich protecting the rich more than ever before. We made a stand on FFP & won. For what ? That's why I am embarrassed that our Club is part of this.
I appreciate the response. Thanks for explaining.

Probably already said earlier in the thread but reported that City and Chelsea were very much backed into a corner in a now or never way.

I hope the owners have looked at the bigger picture here. If as reported in some quarters, that the people running this shit show at the top of the tree, are Perez (Real) and Glazer(Rags), then we need to be extra careful what these clowns end game is. Who are forming the rules and infrastructure of this new league? We may end up making the numbers up, without a voice in how things are run moving forward. Given there already seems to be a hierarchy, where some founder members seem to be more equal than others, and the Premier League threatening expulsion, we may end up trapped in a mess of our own making, and no way out. ESL and Uefa = 2 cheeks of the same arse. Not to be trusted.

This isn’t about uefa or the owners of West Ham for example. We know other owners would do the same we know uefa are crap. What this is about is the fans. The fans don’t want it. It’s not an Everton fans fault that their owners would be as big a shits as ours or the rags. Even the fans of teams in it don’t want it.

A closed comp with the likes of glazers and funding by JP Morgan. Fucking really? Some supporters really need to get their heads around this. This will destroy working class fans love of the game around Europe, it will destroy league and domestic cups. And for what? So some players, agents and owners can go from very wealthy to even more wealthy. Wake the fuck up people please.
Oh, I know exactly what this is about and believe you me you're talking to the wrong person if you think I can't see this from a fan point of view so you're way off fucking beam on that one. All I'm saying is that I'm not having fans of these other, uninvited, clubs putting their own clubs on a pedestal when the chances are their clubs would jump at the chance if given an invite too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.