The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
the honourable 3rd option was to keep the status quo, let the rats fuck off to their new league and fight for a better league to remain in.

Keeping the status quo didn’t exist as an option though - that’s my whole point.

You had this morally bankrupt ESL option, or UEFA’s revamped and equally morally abhorrent shit show of a proposal to make a call between.

Choose the devil you want to dance with.

There was no continuity option!

Honest question. If this did collapse could you look at City the same again after?
If they pulled out before Wednesday, apologized and said they'd never do anything like this again with speaking to fans first possibly. If they push on with it then I guess I won't be a city fan come next season, which is a shame but they'll be plenty of clubs lower down the pyramid who'll want me (and I'll save a fair few quid every month on top of that).

I don’t even think the supporters together can stop this. It feels like it’s over.

If enough supporters don't pay for whatever products are on offer, and don't go to the games then there is a chance. My expectation though is that they have enough new "consumers" lined up that losing the traditional fan is not a serious concern.

Be interesting to see what happens with Foden’s deal now. He’s as big a blue as us, so we know how he’s likely to feel about it. He has been no less betrayed than us. I’d be instructing my agent to look for a new club in the PL if I felt this angry as a City-supporting player. I couldn’t be seen to be backing it. City can do one.

You do realise that City will be akin to Aston Villa currently are in the PL in this plastic league? Old boys will get the most of the money
I am only looking at this through blue specs. The wider footballer argument is full of emotionalism and at the moment clear heads won’t prevail because we all love the sport regardless of our own views on this stupid league.

I want city to reach the top. Sometimes we have to make tough choices. I don’t care about any other team. I am sorry but we have had to endure nothing but shit from Uefa and the teams in the premier league since we dared to compete.

I would rather we be involved now from an equal starting point, instead of fighting with the cartel for another 10 years. Yes we may get fucked over but we have already had our great name tarnished so I am willing to give it the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

I still don’t agree with it and I hate that these cunts have once again taken our game hostage but if I am only thinking about city I don’t want the club to be at a disadvantage.

Not dead to me.
They're only changing European football, why the tears ?
Maybe not dead.... evolving to play a game we once knew as football.
For me that’s where the death of it really is.
This is only the start of the inevitable. I’m almost relieved in a way that I can decide to draw a line under it now. City will never be treated with anything other than distain from these American owned clubs regardless of whether we are in bed with them or not.
Football itself under an American sport’s model does not appeal to me.
Wait until they start changing rules and formats for their competition.
As others have surmised too, I can’t see fans in the local ground a priority. These clubs will be no more than franchises that can play their games anywhere.

I’ve no ill will to any of you who stick with it. For me the relief of cancelling my sports packages and bowing out with memory that at least still hold integrity in my mind. I had the Aguero moment in 2012 with my 10 year old son. For that I’m eternally grateful, but we both agree this it over if it goes ahead.
He’s almost 19 now and he and all his mates, including United and Liverpool supporters all agree that they’re done with it.

These clubs don’t care. The knew target audience is worldwide subscribers in Asia and elsewhere.

I’ll stick with amateur sports at home.

Be interesting to see what happens with Foden’s deal now. He’s as big a blue as us, so we know how he’s likely to feel about it. He has been no less betrayed than us. I’d be instructing my agent to look for a new club in the PL if I felt this angry as a City-supporting player. I couldn’t be seen to be backing it. City can do one.
You can't be serious?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.