The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
im a rare one on here with the opinion it wont get up and running, we have only declaired our intention and nothing has been signed, this is now resulting in not national but worldwide condemnation,i think the presure to have it stopped will be to great for it to continue
I also find this the most likely outcome.

Our owners have missed an opportunity to of been a shining light to all the other clubs around Europe , and could of been a top club amongst the rest of Europe, opportunity gone for good,
I believed in City being a club like that n'all. In the face of what we've gone through with the Cartel, to end up in bed with them stinks!

I'm sure I've seen a film with a similar storyline to this.

12 criminals working for their Boss hatch a plan to steal his fortune. They're all already guilty of doing his bidding, and the authorities are onto them, so why not break the law whilst bringing about his downfall, and take the spoils for themselves? There're a couple in the crew who aren't really on board, but the others all tell them "You'll end up banged up anyway, for what we did for him, no-one will respect you whatever you do, so either you're in now or you're out". They reluctantly agree.

Someone spills the beans. Now the Boss knows, but they're a great crew so maybe he cuts them a deal for their continued allegiances, or the they go through with the plan anyway and are caught. They all get banged up together, with the spoils hidden away incase they ever get out.

We fans are the family, some of us will disown them and move on. Some of us will begrudgingly go and visit them once a week on a Wednesday night, in a prison of their own making, knowing what they did, but loving them all the same.

Anyone know how it ended?

You seriously think we'd get any credit or support if we did that?
They may say otherwise but we are hated among the rest.
We've been telling the footballing world for years that FFP was brought in to protect the elite, it's a cash grab.
What support did we get?
Absolutely fucking none!
Martin Samuel was the only one.
Did the footballing world care when we nearly went bust?
While the likes of United, Liverpool, Arsenal and then Chelsea sat at the top of the league racking in cash year after year.
Did they fuck.
It, coincidentally only started happening when City sat at the top table and City was the stick that they beat everyone with.
Of course we’d get support from other clubs and fans if we did. Most pundits including the likes of Carragher and Neville would be praising us. Unfortunately though our lovely rich owners are as greedy and snide as the rest of these tossers involved.

But City earn £600m a season in revenue (without Covid). Thing is without Utd and Barcelona it would shrivel.

Man Utd have put a gun to everybody's head. If you're a md-table club, you're not getting in. If you are a rival, if you don't get in, we destroy your league and you're not coming in.

Did we have a choice? We can hope it fails.
If you’re a mid table tram you are not getting in? How about Arsenal (and AC Milan)?

I wonder what Pep thinks about all this. I know he's big buddies with Ferran and Cheeky, but this has gone way above their pay grades. Pep strikes me as a man of strong principles and it wouldn't surprise me if he walked.
Its so weird to think he wasn't even consulted? Khaldoon has always come across as someone who understands, or at least has made an effort to understand. The idea he would just not even mention it to Pep seems unlikely, or even KDB who came out after extending his contract and said he had been assured of the clubs plans for the future. Was this not even mentioned to him??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.