The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Really hoping that the silence from the club today is a sign that they are considering their options. Being the first of the six to walk away from it would be the first step on the road to redemption with many fans. Doubt it will happen, but we live in hope.

I mentioned this earlier, but if the teams get booted from the domestic leagues, then the Super League becomes what it's already intended to evolve into -- a new league.

The 5 "open slots" would become five permanent new members (but the SL doesn't know who that will be yet; the "open slots" are auditions for revenue generation/ fan interest in the current iteration I believe). 20 sides, 57 matches (each team plays each other team once at home, once away, and once at a neutral -- probably off-continent -- venue, to drum up offshore fan support), then 8 teams make the play-offs, and then there are play-offs to determine the champion. Plus there will be a random draw Cup of some sort.

Presto -- 70-odd matches, with not a drop of revenue shared with anyone outside the 20 Super League sides.

If it were just 15 clubs -- which I think would be the case if the SL were forced to start up immediately via expulsion -- then it'd be two home/away (56 league matches) and save the offshore matches for when the league expands to 20 later.
What is the actual format. Had it been released. If founder members retained domestic competition how many games could they play?

No it doesn’t. They won’t kick anyone out, they don’t even have enough clubs to do so if my maths is right. Ever consider why 6 teams, not 4 or 5. Why Super
League gave Arsenal a seat at the table despite them not being deserving of one?
It does. There is no point in the Premier League if the ESL goes ahead. No point at all. Win the league, finish high up, finish mid table, win games lose games, none of it matters because the outcomes are all the same anyway... the same 6 get to play in the ESL, the rest are nothing.

The Premier League is taking a stance to protect the fans of the 20 clubs in this league and fans of hundreds of clubs outside of it, that's you, me and every fan on this forum.

They are saying if you join this then you're gone, why do you have a problem with that?
Oh so now the prem have found their moral compass. Interesting.

I don’t care what they say, they can’t enforce fuck all. Regardless of what I think, the sooner people accept this the easier it is, it’s happening.

What I will say is this, football needs a massive fucking shake up. It's been going in the wrong direction for years, anti competitive etc. I would be happier if the Premier League just introduced a flat spending cap on all teams and it trickled down into all EFL teams. Thats the only fair way of doing things now and in the future.

This idiotic move by the big clubs might actually be a catalyst for good proper change, instead of the status quo.

All the respect Khaldoon has built with us fans over the years has gone up in smoke IMHO. His silence right now is deafening.
What happened to all the talk about protecting the Club's history and heritage? Turns out it was all bullshit, telling us what we wanted to hear. Unless of course the Club is seriously reconsidering it's position. One thing is for sure, how Khaldoon defends it in his end of season interview will be very interesting indeed. Or maybe we'll have Joel Glazer instead ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.