The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Maybe it's just me but I can't get worked up about this.

The ESL is just another step down a road that football has been travelling for 30 years.

At least this time City aren't going to be left behind whatever happens.

The increased revenue, matched with a 55% transfer + salary cap means that finally clubs will be hugely profitable.

Yep. Like NFL owners and that is what is driving it. Stability in the business model, entertainment for a worldwide audience and a healthy profit margin for the investors.

City sold a chunk of CFG to Silver Lake, a private investment fund. They weren’t investing on the romance of City v West Brom on Tuesday night.

yep all uefa have to do is ring up the rags Barcelona madrid scousers juventus tell them your guaranteed champs league for the next 20 years even if your mid table watch them all back out of the super league in an instant!
Why would they do that though? At that point it’s the same as the Super League but they’d have less control again.

Der spiegel is the furthest thing to a bayern mouth piece as possible. They helped get Hotness put in prison, they exposed Bayerns 2015 plans for a super league and now they're showing the 2 germans clubs were at least in the proposals until the last minute.
Some interesting points bud. I didn’t know that about Hoeness. Cunts all the same.

If you are making a decision that you know (not worry, not suspect, know) is against the wishes of the vast majority of the club's long-term fans, you are failing in your duty to do what's best for the club. This is about lining their own pockets, make no mistake about it. Look at the heartbreak they've already caused, some of which is irreversible.

I have no time for heartbreak etc. Lining the shareholders pockets and securing a business' long-term success is the directors' duty. Supporters are no longer shareholders.

People should, IMO, keep an open mind and see how this plays out but be vocal in their opposition to the whole thing.

I know most won't love him but this was good, trying to put it across to the American public what's happening in Europe.

As I said on Twitter, the US will start to take an interest because of models like the NFL. Franchise owners will play cities and even countries off against each other for franchises and series of games.

Overnight, Manchester United will become Miami United or Arsenal become the St. Louis Gunners. They'll pay good money to avoid Spurs mind you, who'll probably end up as the Hicksville Hotspurs.

exactly . why we are anywhere near the is beyond me. i know our owners don't see what we see .

We are being stitched up big time here. The clubs that want to stay at the top will get more revenue so widening the gap ahead of us once more. These clubs both hated and feared us with a passion and forced UEFA to go after us. They want us gone. UEFA couldn't do it so they've broken away and created a new competition into which we're invited but it widens the gap, so really we make up the numbers. The rags, and dippers, as two history clubs get more revenue too so that will put them ahead of us once more in the premier league. How long will it be before they decide we've broken some rule or change the rules to boot us out? Actually given that we're getting much less revenue so will find it impossible to compete against them in a few years again they probably don't have to. We have been lured into a trap and they've played a blinder the snakes.

There's multiple parts to UEFA. There's the Secretariat - Ceferin and the employees - the national leagues and the clubs. Within the latter two, there's the powerful national leagues and others and likewise for the clubs, with the old G14 lording it over the other European clubs. So a lot of vested interests vying against each other.

I don't envy anyone in Ceferin's position, who has to try to keep all those competing forces in balance. The big clubs bring him his revenue so tend to have the loudest voices but inevitably and eventually, appeasing them season after season will just lead to them demanding more. Then, as we're seeing now, they'll ditch you when they think it's in their interests to do so.

I've said it before that Ceferin is probably our friend, in as much as he wants to keep everyone happy as far as possible. I believe he tried to stop the FFP shit but (again) a breakaway was threatened by our enemies. Maybe the CAS case was actually the catalyst for this ESL. The timing certainly fits.

I'm now even wondering if we're playing a long game in this, possibly working with Ceferin.

Maybe hopelessly optimistic but I wonder if we've fluttered our eyelashes at the breakaway group, understood their plans, suckered them in, then betrayed them by leaking the Super League plans and then we'll pull out, leaving them isolated, maybe even out of their national leagues and international outcasts. The PL needs 15 clubs to agree something as major as expulsion so 6 clubs in the ESL renders that path impossible. But if we were to withdraw, maybe Chelsea too, then a majority vote that sees the US-owned clubs outside the PL is obviously achievable. It would be stunning revenge.

But, as I say, maybe I'm just being hopelessly optimistic.

But then we could have done that without signing up. We could have got this to a point where we verbally committed but then walked away. That would have been a PR master stroke.
I do so hope you're right but sadly, I think we have sold our souls to the devil.
From the best owner in football to zero with one action.
AD could have got everything it wanted by being against the Greed League

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.