The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
have any of the other clubs involved had a statement to the fans, if not it looks like the clubs have been silenced
All have the same generic statement from the Glazers. It says to me that if they did put out a statement they worry managers and players would down tools, and it's worse than we think.. But maybe not

Where did he piss all over it? He repeatedly said he needs more information.
It's not sport when there is no relation between effort and success, it's not sport. It's not sport if it doesn't matter if you lose. I've said many times I want the best competition as possible. It's not fair if teams fight at the top and cannot qualify.

Every club defends its position. Don't be cynical. Everyone makes their own interests. When you talk about the Premier League and UEFA, they look after their interests. UEFA have also failed. They have to communicate, be in touch

... Hes basically called the ESL a NON SPORT and said everyone involved including UEFA are selfish. Pisses all over it for me

By listening to him.
Alright; he's not against it but wants clarification and as you say, proper competition.

That’s just the CL in its current format IMO.

The whole idea of the ESL is no competition and guaranteed places, so no point in trying because you’ll be rewarded anyway. For a manager who’s known to be so intense and obsessed with winning, the ESL will do nothing for him in the way it’s been pitched so far.

At this point there's a 50/50 chance City are going to say they approved the backing of a new format European competition, and that's about it, and they don't agree with any of the details regarding entry and founding members being protected.

I’m delighted he’s laying into UEFA too.

This is precisely the point I’ve been trying to make these last 24 hours - that there is no ‘do the right thing’ option on the table. Just two groups of morally reprehensible crooks trying to stitch football up as a protectionist racket solely to line their own pockets.

Bailing on the ESL and signing up to UEFA’s deal is just as bad - which very few seem to want to acknowledge!

Fucking legend, Pep - love him!
Not its not. Let me be clear. UEFA and ESL are both corrupt and there for themselves. The main difference is with UEFA you get merit based qualification. No one here is saying UEFA is better than ESL people. They are saying the format UEFA running is infinitely better than the Fucking closed shop shit.

No, he gave a statement that’s scripted - there are two sound bites in there that we will hear over and over again ‘anti-competitive, it’s not sport if success is assured for a few’.

That’s setting up a potential club statement ?
Makes complete sense. Clearly the club didn't understand that if you make a breakaway league that you always benefit from and essentially gatekeep who wants to join said league that it is actually anti-competitive.

It's an easy oversight to make.

You have to take his comments about not being informed at face value - pretty incredible that he had to face that press conference in those circumstances, and it doesn’t reflect well on the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.