The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Think this will not happen
Personally I think it's to apply pressure on UEFA to alter the format of the champions league and do it in a way that distributes money on a certain basis.
UEFA will cave in and the idea will be scrapped.
They want to give UEFA a smack on the chin.

looking at the outcry, UEFA don't need to change a thing

nah i dont think so,all the club has to do is a statement simply saying we didnt realise the fans would have objected as strong as they have,the fans are our priority so we have decided to withdraw, and thats it all forgiven i think/hope :-)
One way or another, damage is done but

I rather be angry but City's NOT in the ESL
than be angry and City's in the ESL

Think this will not happen
Personally I think it's to apply pressure on UEFA to alter the format of the champions league and do it in a way that distributes money on a certain basis.
UEFA will cave in and the idea will be scrapped.
They want to give UEFA a smack on the chin.
MU, Arsenal and Tottenham left the ECA (European Club Association) today, Ed Woodward resigned from the UEFA board. Juve did it yesterday. I think that it's pretty much going to happen.

The only unknown is if the FIFA and the UEFA have the means to make their threats a reality.

Last edited:
Let's say City get excluded from the PL but have a few games in this Super League thing, how does that give the players enough games?

It'd be like being part-time.
38 games a season if they can get another 7 teams to join the circus.

No FA Cup, no League Cup, no CL, no Europa League, no relegation, and maybe no internationals. Just 38 games a season, and millions more in wages for the players.

I disagree with those that think this is a foregone conclusion .

It is highly likely there are going to be writs/injunctions flying all over the place right now.

These clubs have poked a huge fucking Hornets Nest.

UEFA/FIFA/Premier League/Serie A/La Liga/Sky/BT etc there as so many parties with vested interests the legal proceedings could go on for years.

The UK government might find some loop hole to find it all anti-competitive/Cartel like operation.Then you have the EU.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.