The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I’ve lived in the states 40 years and I can say with confidence American sports are shit.
baseball: 162 boring games, so boring the commentators regularly chat about anything other than the game going on. World Series? What world?
Basketball: 3-4 super teams, based on what friends want to play with each other, with the superstars getting permission to routinely cheat (the Jordan rules)
NFL: 3 hours to play a 60 min game. Research has shown only about 6-8 minutes of actual game time is actually played.
NHL: fighting is illegal yet they allow it because without fights, the NHL would fold faster than you can imagine.
Also, look at the stands during any one of these sports. More people going to/from the concession stand than actually watching the games going on
Exactly. “Boring as fu#k sports” is about as eloquent as I can phrase it.

we are dammed if we do dammed if we dont, if we dont then say goodbye to all the top players they will go where the money is, if we do then we become part of a league nobody wants or supports, its unthinkable that we would not compete in the premier league fa cup league cup.
bollocks, players playing in a mickey mouse league and not able to represent their nation, not a chance.

Remember Kerry Packer and the cricket circus? look how that ended...

We sent Chappy.

It's the person with the back to the play
R446a4e24ae5417d2423476f0ce6abcaf

We apparently hear everything. Check the person with his back to the play!

However this comes out I will be watching a bit less of City live. Mixture of Var / greed / politics and just enjoying non league grounds more.

Backed into a corner by who, for what?

We are big boys, serious execs run this club.
were not as big as we think we are in the ESL infact were a small fish in a big pond, if papers are signed (re read my post again) they have us by the bollox and by breaking that contract to get out we could be took to the cleaners

american sports has parity...something football in europe doesnt have
Your opinion. In the NFL the top few teams aren't challenged by the bottom few, nor in the NBA and that's a fact. It's essentially irrelevant to compare parity as there is is zero relegation in major American professional sports. There is a benefit to finishing bottom as you are rewarded with better draft picks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.