The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
The one thing I will say though is that, as he often is, Pep is absolutely right that everyone is in it for themselves. The PL clubs, UEFA, FIFA and the 12 clubs involved with this proposal. Maybe Burnley et al, might reflect on ‘solidarity’ and its meaning when they were busy writing a letter to CAS trying to get City punished.

Things that don’t make sense:
Pep railing about lack of competition two days after we have signed up to a league that embeds that.
Noises that we have come to this late in the day and been coerced into signing up when the President of this breakaway league says binding contracts have been signed. (That would surely have taken months of negotiation)
Bayern Munich being outside this.
Our owners throwing away all the hard won respect and not fronting up to why.

I have to say I am struggling with any reason or logic to this.
Baffling isn’t it mate? The weirdest situation I think I’ve ever experienced.

Most things, even when complicated are easy to get your head around after a bit of thought... but this... baffling!

The only logical explanations are
1) A brainfart induced by blind panic on the part of Soriano and Kaldoun, after being backed into a corner
2) This was their plan for CFG all along and so fuck the fans, fuck English football and fuck the city of Manchester

1) Our guys absolutely don't do brainfarts
2) This would be very very damaging to their brand

Perez says these clubs need to make money to cover their debts. If FFP included debt maybe we wouldn’t be in this position
The nerve of you to bring this up.

200.gif

Perhaps we’ll never know, but that is the key question for me.
Yep. But we can be sure we weren’t bullied’ into it. No one bullies a Sovereign Wealth Fund. And I think we can be pretty certain we were involved in the planning, just that we had reservations and when it came time to choose, we chose wrong.

This sort of thing doesn’t go on without a leader of a rich and powerful State knowing all about things that affect important investment of money and prestige.

Perhaps we’ll never know, but that is the key question for me.
And me. What MCFC have had to fight over the last couple of seasons from Uefa, most of the teams in the so-called ESL, and a few hyenas in the PL would make me think that as soon as the invite dropped on the City mat the club response would have been a swift fuck off.

Mass hysteria on here. Think logically, we're dumping the UEFA CL, you know, those who didn't want us. Now we'll be a pioneer and a founder member of another competition - just as corrupt yes, but we still have the PL too.

Perez says these clubs need to make money to cover their debts. If FFP included debt maybe we wouldn’t be in this position
Interesting now that we posted big losses last season only a couple of weeks ago, maybe so we could get a bigger cut of the money for clearing debts if we were to sign upto this joke of a competition.

I’ve been in work for two days, first two days back, and I’ve done absolutely fuck all.

I’ll be looking for a new job once they turf me out by Thursday!
Walk out of there on Thursday with your belongings and head held high; your quality of posts have gone up a notch, or two, since this disaster happened :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.