The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Yes - this seems like a fantastic opportunity for City to win some friends & goodwill from the footballing public. Take the high moral ground.

I can only think that our owners are scared that if Utd et al come to a compromise (some might say "blackmail") with UEFA, and we're not "in the room where it happens" then we'll find ourselves fucked-over big-time.
Especially as UEFA are hardly our friends either.

To be fair to the club for a moment, I do feel we've been put in a difficult position.
Where is the moral high ground when the only choices appear to be get in bed with UEFA or get in bed with the cartel? No one supported us when we had our battle with UEFA even when the evidence of corruption was "clear and organised." Most clubs couldn't wait to dance on our graves. Even after we won at CAS we were still derided. Perhaps we could have tried to sit on the fence on this one but we still would have been slaughtered. We will never get goodwill from the "footballing public" They have hated us since we had success with foreign owners.

They claim it's a replacement of the Champions League and would run parallel to domestic leagues.

My problem with it is not the impact on the Champions League but that you are always in it and hence it would distort the domestic league more than ever.
That's a lot like the new champion league proposal to be fair

It just seem like a negotiation, there is likely to be a hybrid compromise between the ESL and the new UCL.

You don't start a negotiation by saying you want to stay.

The other version is the ESL expanding to take in any up and coming club expanding like the PDC did and drain the life blood out of all else.

The Gov can't stop it as thy will end up being based in Switzerland, Luxembourg or the UAE.

I've seen a lot of people say this but honestly this is too far gone to be a negotiation tactic. The money being talked about alone shows that. All 15 of the core clubs get more money up front than you get for winning the Champions League. How do they go from that to making a deal with UEFA? They've all left the ECA and all of them have gone radio silent and refused any means of communication including with their own supporters. They have made their minds up.

It will 100% end up in the courts and it will be a nasty and protracted process.

Why is it too late. SOme sort of financial penalty?

The reports suggest City joined for pragmatic purposes. It seems an impossibility to me so exit, and do it quickly. I am still hoping that there is a way out here that leaves me with a football club I can support.

Because the owners and execs have taintes the club by even considering it, Bayern actually used their brains and waited for the fallout before any commitment.

We saw when anouced early yesterday without our name and chelsea added what the reaction was, we should have fucked it off straight after that and saved tarnishing our name.

Even if we leave now the club has caused a rift with the fans that many won't forget.

We'll most likely get kicked out of the Champions League this Friday alongside Chelsea and Real Madrid. Even if we continue in the Premier League and win it, it will feel absolutely nothing at all. What a disappointing end to a promising season.
The season is done, it over already, the timing of this is simply incredible, what on earth were they thinking of?

There was an article late last year or earlier this year where Pep said he was against a super league if I remember rightly.

Hope he still feels that way
He said he believes the domestic leagues should be protected. I predict he will water it down and frame it as a CL revamp that won’t have any impact on anything else.

Anyone expecting any more for him is setting themselves up for disappointment. He’s said some stupid shit in the past when defending the players, he will do the same for the board he’s so loyal to.

We'll most likely get kicked out of the Champions League this Friday alongside Chelsea and Real Madrid. Even if we continue in the Premier League and win it, it will feel absolutely nothing at all. What a disappointing end to a promising season.
Leaving PSG as winners by default

Girl (rag fan) at work today mocked City being in a "Super League." She got told, trust me on that one.
The fact I had to defend our credentials for even being in this shitshow was maddening, but old habits die hard. I don't want my club to have any part of this but I wanted to kill her for her ignorance, smugness and sheer ragness.
I swear I'm going to lose my shit and punch someone before too long.

Lots. They intend to as well. It was very definately a no pussyfooting around statement, which is highly unusual for sport.

Well seeing is believing as those cunts and the dippers usually get what they want to the detriment of anybody else .

Now known as the ESL factor !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.