2018 Premier League (7)
2018 Community Shield (6)
2019 League Cup (5)
2019 Premier League (8)
2019 FA Cup (3)
2019 Community Shield (7)
2020 League Cup (6)
2021 League Cup (7)

That’s 8 Premier League titles, 3 FA Cups, 7 League Cups, a UEFA Super Cup and 7 Community Shields

Additionally:
1968 Won the European Cup as a player
1998 PL Manager of the month with Blackburn
2001 Champions League semi-final with Leeds
2016 and 2021 Champions League semi-finals with City
2021 9th Premier League title incoming
There is one trophy missing off that Assistant Manager list. If he is retiring (& I hope he isn't), what a way to go it would be by winning in Istanbul

A bit random but my old fella did some joinery work for him once and Brian paid him but also gave him some football boots for me and my brother, when he found out we played. Proper boots too, soft leather, not the Adidas Four Stripe mum used to get us from Dales!!!

Great bloke, deserves the freedom of the City.
LOL 4 stripe Adidas, brings back memories, my mum got mine from Woolworths, my mates who had the real thing used to take the p1ss properly!

A bit random but my old fella did some joinery work for him once and Brian paid him but also gave him some football boots for me and my brother, when he found out we played. Proper boots too, soft leather, not the Adidas Four Stripe mum used to get us from Dales!!!

Great bloke, deserves the freedom of the City.

My sons footballing hero after he met him, it was at the west ham game before the match and my son who was about 8 at the time went to the front and asked him for an autograph, chatted with him for a few minutes and signed the program.

About 5 minutes later he came back with a pen (Pretty classy one in a box) and a scarf, called my lad over and gave them to him, top bloke.

Last edited:
A lot of Mancunians supported both clubs back then. It was around that time that fans started to travel to away games and that's when people chose between the two.
My school chum was a Rag fan, his father just liked football. He would take us every week to the matches, one week at Old Toilet the next at Maine Road.

The Rag fans expected to beat everybody and were nasty and vindictive towards the opposition and any of their own team not playing well. At Maine Road however there was always humour and an acceptance that nobody had the God given right to win all the time.

I was already a City fan but going to all those games just ensured I was never going to switch allegiance.

The night we beat them at OT on 27th March 1968 was one of the best games I have ever been to stood in the Paddock opposite the main stand. Going a goal down then battering them for the rest of the game, then giving it big to every Rag fan on the way back to Warwick Road station not caring what they might do.

Wasn't there a song in the 70's kido kido were of to Mexico with bell and Lee? Or did I dream that !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.