Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sign Grealish then I think Sterling is in a battle for that LW position. Long term you have to think the club still wants Foden centrally and he may be the successor to Gundogan. If Foden goes central at all we are way short at LW

The reason why we are about to win our 3rd title in 4 years and closing in on perhaps our first champions league (and countless other cups trophies) whereas Liverpool are falling apart is because they pad their squad with average players like Shaqiri, Tsimikas etc. Whereas we buy top quality players even when we don't need to

Cantwell may be the better business decision but he's not close to Grealish's level and honestly can't see Cantwell being good enough whereas Grealish probably is
Although Grealish hasn't helped win Villa trophies and,was kept very quiet in last season Carabao cup final and in the home fixture against villa this season and has missed the last couple of months through injury (not the ideal time during the final push for trophies). At least when we were first was linked with Mahrez he had played a huge part in Leicester's success and looked like he could play a part for City.

Last edited:
If we sign Grealish then I think Sterling is in a battle for that LW position. Long term you have to think the club still wants Foden centrally and he may be the successor to Gundogan. If Foden goes central at all we are way short at LW

City maybe covering both bases? Foden’s emergence more as a forward possibly has them keeping an eye on another CM now and Grealish really ticks all the boxes, more so than Phil does at this point in time. But both players could do a job out wide or centrally.

We have plenty of midfield options but I’d expect they also have one eye on KDB and Gundo’s age and injury records, plus Mahrez/Sterling’s current contract situations.

He isn't a nasty or dirty player but more a player who likes the grass too much. He won't buying anymore soft freekicks if he did sign for us.
That's a fair point. If we do sign him he'd need to cut that out or will become a walking yellow card. I do think hes got an edge to his game that makes him frustrating to play against. The kind of player that you love when he's on your side and hate when he isn't.

He’s a lad that takes a ridiculous number of knocks from opponents. Some of those are deliberate but some simply result from the speed at which he can unbalance the defender and draw the foul.

Another added bonus would be that he wouldn’t need a season to adjust to the rigours of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.