Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rice would be a great signing,he has all the tools to play DM in our side.However,it would leave Rodri in a bit of limbo and,given his ability and the investment,i don't see that happening.

Any Dinho replacement probably needs to be an up and coming youngster or a player good enough but happy to play second fiddle.

Rice would be a great signing,he has all the tools to play DM in our side.However,it would leave Rodri in a bit of limbo and,given his ability and the investment,i don't see that happening.

Any Dinho replacement probably needs to be an up and coming youngster or a player good enough but happy to play second fiddle.

Agreed. Rice won’t come in to be second choice behind Rodri who, deservedly so, is first choice in midfield.

Then Rodri gets injured for months and we’re left with a kid as DM to jeopardize the entire season hehe

If, and it's a big if, we have the desire and funds to sign Rice, why wouldn't we sign Kalvin Phillips instead? Much better player/prospect for me, and won't attract as a high a price tag...

As good as Rice is, why not give Lavia a try in the preseason and see how he adapts to professional level? Rice would probably cost a fortune and I feel Lavia does have a lot of potential to merit a chance to develop.... Meanwhile we can play Rodri and extend Ferna for one more season.

why would playing a young academy player jeopardise our season?

sound like you don’t rate our youngsters at all. We have some of the best young players in the country and they would do a great job for us
I have nothing against Academy players. But what we have with Rodri and Fernandinho is a perfect mix, and we use Fernandinho usually when we want exactly what Academy players can’t offer.
I want to protect Academy players from being thrown into the lions’ dent when they have very little first team experience and ask of them to deliver on complex tactical demands against top teams that would challenge them in their inexperience. They deserve to be treated with special care or even our own fans will turn on them

Then Rodri gets injured for months and we’re left with a kid as DM to jeopardize the entire season hehe
Guardiola has shown he uses his players flexibly.
Last time Fern was out for a significant time Gundogan took the role and did very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.