City fans' view towards the Champions League

Do you enjoy the Champions League?

• Total voters
Being a middle-aged aul fart, the Premier League will always be the big one. To come top dogs after 38 games is an achievement I could only dream of for our Club. If we win the PL this year, the achievement will be even more remarkable given the sketchy start we had and the crazy schedule when competing for all competitions. I despise the corrupt and racist organisation of UEFA and their distain towards our Club. However, the good lord (if there is one) can come collect me on 29-05-2021 if we win their rancid competition...!
Said at the millennium I could die a happy man if City won a major trophy, Lancy won the county championship, Fleetwood get in the league and Ireland win the grand slam. None of those looked remotely likely to happen at the time and all have since occurred, thank you lord no complaints.

I've thought a bit this week about the small-minded Likkle City fans who've always lurked, claiming not the care about the biggest club competition in the world. They are our "legacy" fans, stuck in an era where City defined themselves by the odd derby victory and hope of a cup final every decade or so.

Hopefully the quality, the excitement, the hype, the profile and the euphoria of this week's game has illustrated to these people how they need to heave themselves into the modern world of MCFC.

I'm going to use a wank phrase: "What's not to like"? This is as exciting as 1999, 2000, 2011 and 12.
With respect that’s a bit of a disrespectful way to discribe some of our older fans who have been around for years and years. If they don’t like the modern game then that’s their right. It doesn’t make them small minded. I hate the champions league. It’s run by wankers that have tried to and will continue to screw us. Doesn’t mean I don’t want to win it. I want City to win every game. I’d be just as nervous before a league cup final though.

Everyone’s been loving us getting to the final and if you say otherwise I’m calling bullshit!

Bad news for us blues, as of tonight Champions League trophy will be inferior to the mighty Europa League trophy.

I like the idea of being European champions, but I hate UEFA as an organisation and the cartel that follows it. During the multiple FFP investigations, I often questioned if it was all worth it, we wasn’t welcome to the party. But Fernandinho lifting the European cup later this month would be the most iconic moment in our history. I don’t like to associate corrupt bastards with the trophy itself.

I don't believe you.
Why?

I always want to see City win, but if we don't, I certainly don't lose any sleep over it.

Simple fact is that I'd rather see City win the league than any knock-out competition - Proving that you're the best team in your country over a full season outweighs ANY knock-out tournament, particularly the corrupt CL.

I genuinely don't care if we are CL winners, OK I want us to win every game but for me it's the prem and domestic cups. Let's be honest if we actually win it we wont get any credit for it at all.

We're the equivalent of the beast in the cellar.

1620337025646.png

Always want City to win , but not bothered if City dont win it ???
City will be Champions soon, hopefully Champions of Europe too.
I always want City to win, but I don't expect them to win every game. I'll be very disappointed if we lose to Chelsea in either the PL or CL matches, simply because we're a far better team.

I hope we do win the CL, but in all honesty, winning the PL will always mean more to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.