Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under 40s are now expected to be given the choice of which vaccine, extending it from under 30s.

Last edited:
My concern over the Indian variants and other strains is the ease in which travellers can circumvent our quarantine rules by coming to this country indirectly. ie travellers from India coming via Turkey to avoid cost of hotel quarantine. Not sure quarantine at home with the rest of your family is effective. Australia seems to be more robust with their travel restrictions.

My concern over the Indian variants and other strains is the ease in which travellers can circumvent our quarantine rules by coming to this country indirectly. ie travellers from India coming via Turkey to avoid cost of hotel quarantine. Not sure quarantine at home with the rest of your family is effective. Australia seems to be more robust with their travel restrictions.
I think the Indian variant has been here for months in all probability, and just as likely to be brought home by British nationals or someone on business than some coming via Turkey.

Yes we still have some leaky airports, im not denying that, but i will say that by the time you notice a variant (as we did quite some time ago), it's already been here for a bit. And you'll never ever stop domestic spread until it's vaccinated. Cases are becoming more and more meaningless by the day. It's how the vaccines stand up to it now.

worrying that the younger element of the population aren't taking up the offer of a vaccine
well there may be something in that, but the MHRA has also advised it on health grounds, due to the very low IFR in young 'uns and the higher chance of blood clots (still low), so i guess it's partly that. 40s to 50s still need to get their arses in gear re vaccine take up as well. Up to May 2nd;

Capture.PNG

well there may be something in that, but the MHRA has also advised it on health grounds, due to the very low IFR in young 'uns and the higher chance of blood clots (still low), so i guess it's partly that. 40s to 50s still need to get their arses in gear re vaccine take up as well. Up to May 2nd;

View attachment 16193
40-50’s only recently been asked to come forward so no doubt many more have it booked but not yet vaccinated so far

Actually, FWIW the Daily Fail (and other outlets I hasten to add) are quoting Sharon Peacock as being clear that there is no hint of ANY of the variants being able to evade the vaccines. Whilst there has been a lot of noise and doom mongering about variants, it remains a hypothetical risk with no evidence that the vaccines aren’t effective. In fact, the vaccines seem bloody good and spikes such as Bolton seem more likely to be linked to people not taking the vaccine in the first place as opposed to anything more sinister virus-wise. Hence why it’s so important for everyone to get jabbed.

Talk of more lockdowns from the usual suspects on here is just hyperbolic speculation and scaremongering which although unsurprising given the mental battering everyone has taken from the media and messaging, is not helpful for anyone - themselves included.

As well as Whitty and Boris, even Ferguson has said lockdowns are done with now because we’ve moved to a different phase. They’re almost certainly not coming back (for Covid in the UK at least) so the quicker people realise the ship is being steered out of the choppiest waters with captain vaccine in control, but that there’s still the odd rough patch we need to just plough through, the quicker they’ll be able to deal with the odd spike of cases.

I agree with your post but tbf I've only seen one poster mention potential lockdowns and the context of that was 'whether this means further lockdowns I've no idea'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.