VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont understand football anymore !.
I couldnt real see the contact for the penalty that was given but was pleased City got it.
The Sterling 'penalty' the defender was climbing all over Sterling, made at least 3 contacts on Sterling eventually knocking Sterling over. I thought it was a stone wall penalty. But it wasnt.

I dont understand how VAR couldnt see that. I dont understand why the ref wasnt sent to the monitor. I guess I just dont understand football !

it's not football that is the issue but the inconsistent and circumspect nature of the officials and their supporting cast of VAR operatives .

They make the decisions and rods for their own backs, and that is the only thing consistent about PiGMOL and their lackies.

it's not football that is the issue but the inconsistent and circumspect nature of the officials and their supporting cast of VAR operatives .

They make the decisions and rods for their own backs, and that is the only thing consistent about PiGMOL and their lackies.

I can understand inconsistencies between matches but it the inconsistencies in the same match that does my head. If the foul on Jesus is a penalty so is the foul on Sterling, its simple in my eyes.
I thought VAR was meant to stop inconsistencies.
Perhaps the premier league need to look at bring in foreign refs to do VAR because at the moment having the refs mates doing VAR isnt working.

Has anyone seen anything of the involvement of the three shadowy and mysterious figures, the strangely named Match Commanders?
Such a potentially major individual who seems to play a role where he can influence where cups and titles end up and yet hardly anything is said about him.
Why?

The referees in this country are just not good enough. We have seen the standard of refs in CL games and in my opinion it’s much better

I would recommend that anyone with concerns over this should write a polite email to IFAB, who can be contacted at lawenquiries@theifab.com.

Head honcho David Elleray has previously replied to me from this email address.

It might be interesting to hear the views of the PL also, but they are probably the instigators.

Here is mine.

-----------------------------------

Dear Sirs

There are reports emerging today, that suggest some VAR decisions are being made (or influenced) by "Match Commanders". Apparently, these "Match Commanders" have no refereeing qualifications or authority, yet they seem to be able to determine VAR outcomes.

Can you please advise as to the legitimacy of this practice by the Premier League, and where is it covered in The Laws of the Game?

Many thanks,

Paladin (real name used in email)

Did you ever get a reply to your email?

I can understand inconsistencies between matches but it the inconsistencies in the same match that does my head. If the foul on Jesus is a penalty so is the foul on Sterling, its simple in my eyes.
I thought VAR was meant to stop inconsistencies.
Perhaps the premier league need to look at bring in foreign refs to do VAR because at the moment having the refs mates doing VAR isnt working.

imo PiGMOL is the route cause of the problem and their defence of the inconsistencies displays a total lack of integrity .

Some would claim corruption and the ability to influence the results of certain games/teams as being a major factor in the way that the games are refereed either with or despite the influence of VAR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.