It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do think a lack of physicality and athleticism is something we need to address

Other than Walker, I don't think any of our players have that raw athleticism that you sometimes need when the passes are quite working, sometimes you just need to bulldoze your way to a scrappy win

Links to Zakaria/Bissouma make sense, get a bit more athleticism and energy in the midfield

Also Nuno Mendes as he is everything we wanted out Mendy who is now shot to shit

Then obviously Haaland, pace and power in abundance
About the energy in midfield, what about taking a look at Dele Alli?
He's out of favour at Spurs and is a different midfielder than we have in the squad.
He's a decent box to box midfielder in the Yaya style and i think the squad could do with a player like that

I know what you mean, certainly I wouldn't turn my nose up at Kane, but part of me would rather save the cash if we can't agree a fee for Haaland, and either get Erling or Mbappe with a mammoth signing on fee next summer?

Subsequently, I'd sign Grealish this summer and persist with a strong set of false nine options (Kane is a top player but he won't give us anything more than Sergio can right now, which is effectively a burned out press)
Kane won’t give us anymore. Really? He is 27 years old and would easily get 30 goals a season in this team. The worry is the ankles not the ability.

Kane won’t give us anymore. Really? He is 27 years old and would easily get 30 goals a season in this team. The worry is the ankles not the ability.
There are plenty goalscorers out there, not all of them can also fulfil the requirement Pep demands, which is to press from the front.

Sergio can't do that anymore, and neither can Kane.

Kane's only upgrade is aerially and from the penalty spot.

There are plenty goalscorers out there, not all of them can also fulfil the requirement Pep demands, which is to press from the front.

Sergio can't do that anymore, and neither can Kane.

Kane's only upgrade is aerially and from the penalty spot.

To be fair Kane is also a far better passer of the ball than any of our forwards. Not that I’m convinced he is necessarily the answer for us, but he’s a very good all-round player these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.