It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair Kane is also a far better passer of the ball than any of our forwards. Not that I’m convinced he is necessarily the answer for us, but he’s a very good all-round player these days

I don’t think anyone here would deny that Harry Kane is a very good player. That isn’t the point

There are plenty goalscorers out there, not all of them can also fulfil the requirement Pep demands, which is to press from the front.

Sergio can't do that anymore, and neither can Kane.

Kane's only upgrade is aerially and from the penalty spot.
Not sure he can’t press. Not the same as Jesus maybe but he can do a lot of other things. He is strong aerially and good at dropping back to link up the play. If it wasn’t for concerns over his ankles id have had him in a heartbeat. Because of this I’d want Haaland.

Kane would certainly hit the ground running (injuries apart) but he doesn't really fit our recruitment policy, we very rarely buy players at peak or coming to the end of their career. Pep seems to enjoy moulding players into something, with Kane it could be old dog new tricks syndrome?

To be fair Kane is also a far better passer of the ball than any of our forwards. Not that I’m convinced he is necessarily the answer for us, but he’s a very good all-round player these days

If you reverse the mirror, we already know how Kane wouldn't be able to press in our forward line.

He's anonymous playing against us, he can't press our own defenders, much as he tries, and then burns himself out.

Nobody disputes his qualities, more how the rest of the team might have to change and accommodate, possibly to our detriment.

There are plenty goalscorers out there, not all of them can also fulfil the requirement Pep demands, which is to press from the front.

Sergio can't do that anymore, and neither can Kane.

Kane's only upgrade is aerially and from the penalty spot.
Hey TH.....are you aware of any plan B if we cant get Haaland......Dortmund have a track record of being stubborn so its not beyond the realm of possibilityt hat unless we go the whole hog and splash out 150m for him(which i cant see us doing) they may just say no....also would the sell both Haaland and Sancho in the same window

Agree on Kane.....he should be a no go for me...and it looks like utd will stick with Cavani (who id have above kane as well)

I think Kane would score 40 plus if he kept fit in this City team, he is the deadliest finisher in the prem. The amount of chances we create its a no brainer. Only issue is can he stay fit.

If you reverse the mirror, we already know how Kane wouldn't be able to press in our forward line.

He's anonymous playing against us, he can't press our own defenders, much as he tries, and then burns himself out.

Nobody disputes his qualities, more how the rest of the team might have to change and accommodate, possibly to our detriment.

Yeah I wouldn’t disagree with any of that

Hey TH.....are you aware of any plan B if we cant get Haaland......Dortmund have a track record of being stubborn so its not beyond the realm of possibilityt hat unless we go the whole hog and splash out 150m for him(which i cant see us doing) they may just say no....also would the sell both Haaland and Sancho in the same window

Agree on Kane.....he should be a no go for me...and it looks like utd will stick with Cavani (who id have above kane as well)

I think Kane or another false nine would be the plan B, certainly if Messi calls time of death soon.

Haaland could yet be a saga we don't finish until late this summer, especially if United do conclude a Sancho purchase, beforehand.

Haaland could yet be a saga we don't finish until late this summer, especially if United do conclude a Sancho purchase, beforehand.
Chelsea now being linked with Sancho too
You seem to agree that Sancho and our Haaland deal could be linked, like I said on the other thread. Our leverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.