Running thread

I seem to recall that you found this book in a jumble sale or charity shop a few months back?
Well remembered! It turned up in a book swap that the wife and I set up, near where we live. It's a good book - full of useful advice.

251ca05fb651e103f1833b82925eb1d8.jpg
4014ea9f484e151187670d775243bfe2.jpg

Well remembered! It turned up in a book swap that the wife and I set up, near where we live. It's a good book - full of useful advice.

251ca05fb651e103f1833b82925eb1d8.jpg
4014ea9f484e151187670d775243bfe2.jpg

I picked up the same book after your recommendation and have found it very useful also, although I have not really been following the training plan fully as yet.

Section on warm up and down exercises is particularly useful.

Nice relaxing 14k tonight keeping the heart rate below 140, for the vast majority. Trialled a Salomon hydration vest as I have struggled with belts/armbands etc for carrying things. Probably the most comfortable of the lot but the price if off-putting.

Last edited:
Nice relaxing 14k tonight keeping the heart rate below 140, for the vast majority. Trialled a Salomon hydration vest as I have struggled with belts/armbands etc for carrying things. Probably the most comfortable of the lot but the price if off-putting.
The price has always put me off when I've looked at the Salomon vests but then the reviews are great. I guess you get what you pay for. I've tried on cheaper ones in Decathlon but they felt a bit uncomfortable.

I've got a small inov-8 soft bottle that I run with but I need a bit more liquid now it's getting hotter. Been looking at the Salomon sensibelts but I'm unsure.

Was slow tough 5k in heat this morning before work. Signed up for Hampton court palace (where I work) 10k later in year. Decided to run it for Parkinson's as my partner's mum just been diagnosed with it. Got the t shirt yesterday so something to look forward to.

Tell you what I cant wait til half term is over, so many groups of menacing kids on my route, used to having the streets and off road lanes to myself!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.