Harry Kane

Real Madrid were terrible. The results against us were against a backdrop of us coming off the back of games against tougher opposition in Dortmund and Paris, and we all accept we didn’t show up for the final. He lost against Arsenal, West Brom and Villa.
Just like the first time Chelsea won the Champions League, the stars were aligned.
Again, nobody is saying the German chav is a bad manager, just saying he isn’t the new Messiah you think he is either.
It shouldn’t be difficult to understand that when a team is “terrible” (an exaggeration) like you said, maybe it’s because the opposition had a role in that. Madrid didn’t have a great season, but they still were a good team with a decent manager playing in a competition that no one knows how to navigate like them. They had just eliminated Liverpool in the previous round. If they were poor and we were poor against Chelsea, it’s because they had something to do with that.
If we had won, by your logic, people would have said the stars aligned for us as well. We played in the group stage first an average team with no UCL history, then we played a Dortmund team with an improvised manager without Sancho in both legs, and we “were lucky” to face PSG in the second leg without Mbappe. I don’t think that would’ve been a fair description of our journey, but it’s a manipulation that one could make.
These losses you mentioned I also am not sure of the point you were making. They all had a context around them, but the fact they lost games is supposed to mean something? Us losing vs Brighton, Leeds, Leicester etc, are also meant to be a knock against us? I don’t get it. Teams lose. Duh
I am not claiming he is a messiah like you said, but he was at the top of my Pep replacement list even before he came to the PL and most people found out who he was for the first time. For a reason. Sure, he might be sacked in three months because everything is possible, but I would advise that this is someone more likely than not to make Chelsea our toughest opponent next season, and we shouldn’t sleep around

he’s certainly clashed with a few bigger personalities in the dressing room in the past.
I’m not sure who you’re talking about here, but I can only assume it’s Neymar. I believe he handled Neymar well over the time at PSG. He didn’t treat him like a baby unlike others. That is the assessment everyone makes here in Brazil. The problem with PSG is that it doesn’t operate like a football club, which means managers end up distracted by political and diplomatic issues that a well run club would have been able to keep separate

I guess it may depend on this summers transfer market, with several top players likely to move. If Chelsea get Haaland then that would make them our biggest threat for next season. The current Chelsea will go close but the lack of goals will stop them winning the league next season.
Liverpool heavily linked with Patson Daka. He will be an unknown prospect and probably be a squad player challenging Salah, Mane and Jota. The 1st team squad will be back to full strength and will challenge for the title again.
Man UTD will get Sancho and possibly A top DC. That will improve them to challenge. Thank God they still have Ollie at the helm. He is our best asset.
For City we need a ST an AM possibly a DL too. On top of that rumours suggest we have a few unsettled players. So our transfer business will need to be bang on the money, to challenge again for the title and Champs League.

It shouldn’t be difficult to understand that when a team is “terrible” (an exaggeration) like you said, maybe it’s because the opposition had a role in that. Madrid didn’t have a great season, but they still were a good team with a decent manager playing in a competition that no one knows how to navigate like them. They had just eliminated Liverpool in the previous round. If they were poor and we were poor against Chelsea, it’s because they had something to do with that.
If we had won, by your logic, people would have said the stars aligned for us as well. We played in the group stage first an average team with no UCL history, then we played a Dortmund team with an improvised manager without Sancho in both legs, and we “were lucky” to face PSG in the second leg without Mbappe. I don’t think that would’ve been a fair description of our journey, but it’s a manipulation that one could make.
These losses you mentioned I also am not sure of the point you were making. They all had a context around them, but the fact they lost games is supposed to mean something? Us losing vs Brighton, Leeds, Leicester etc, are also meant to be a knock against us? I don’t get it. Teams lose. Duh
I am not claiming he is a messiah like you said, but he was at the top of my Pep replacement list even before he came to the PL and most people found out who he was for the first time. For a reason. Sure, he might be sacked in three months because everything is possible, but I would advise that this is someone more likely than not to make Chelsea our toughest opponent next season, and we shouldn’t sleep around
So the results you mentioned have context around them, and mine don’t? Real Madrid were very lucky to beat a Liverpool team at their lowest ebb. Shouldn’t be too difficult to understand as you put it. Imagine somebody seeing things differently and having an opinion that isn’t the same as yours. You are hilarious.

With Dortmund wanting 200m Euros for Haaland according to The Daily Fail, I believe it confirms my fear about the club getting mugged off financially.
Plus it may set a precedent in the future if we spend so much on one player. If we show we won’t go beyond our valuation it will help for future transfers when clubs realise City are not fools and won’t go above a sensible valuation.
That must make Kane 150m upwards. Knowing Levy he will ask for 200m Euros too. I’d pay that for Messi or Ronaldo in their prime but I wouldn’t spend that much on Haaland or Kane.
There's your mistake

Let’s say City this summer have a 200m transfer kitty. More money can be raised on sales. For arguments sake let’s fix Haaland and Kane’s valuation at 150m.
Now I welcome you all to try and guess what City will do in the market. You have your budget. I’d welcome your responses. Let’s see who gets the closest?. You guys have a wide open market to choose from. We can vote who we feel has done the best transfer deals. Let’s vote for 1 person to be the transfer arbitrator, who slet’s the fees.

Let’s say City this summer have a 200m transfer kitty. More money can be raised on sales. For arguments sake let’s fix Haaland and Kane’s valuation at 150m.
Now I welcome you all to try and guess what City will do in the market. You have your budget. I’d welcome your responses. Let’s see who gets the closest?. You guys have a wide open market to choose from. We can vote who we feel has done the best transfer deals. Let’s vote for 1 person to be the transfer arbitrator, who slet’s the fees.
Where is the figure of 200 million coming from, don’t forget we posted a 120 million pound deficit a couple of months ago.

So the results you mentioned have context around them, and mine don’t? Real Madrid were very lucky to beat a Liverpool team at their lowest ebb. Shouldn’t be too difficult to understand as you put it. Imagine somebody seeing things differently and having an opinion that isn’t the same as yours. You are hilarious.
The point is, every result has a context around them. This rabbit role of Chelsea beat Real Madrid who were poor who beat Liverpool who were “at their lowest ebb” who beat Leipzig who made grave defensive mistakes, it never ends. But this discussion isn’t going anywhere
And I love being called hilarious. Thank you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.