It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to agree. Rodri is nowhere near the calibre of Fernandinho, We made a mistake signing him. When a 36 year old is starting ahead of you in a Champions League Semi Final says it all really.
I don't think we will get anywhere near the money we paid for him of we sell him on even though he is still young.
Finding Fernandinho replacement is one of Txiki biggest tasks since being at MCFC.

Any news on Kane or Grealish Tolm?
"When a 36 year old is starting ahead of you in a Champions League Semi Final says it all really."
What does it say exactly ? Rodri played the full first leg of the Semi Final, the one we won 1-2 away, why did you not mention that fact ?.

That’s is such a sweeping incorrect statement. I have watched 60 games this season. My eyes don’t lie. Rodri is a good footballer but he is not good enough to play a dominant DM in the premier league mainly due to his lack of pace. Should we all just ignore it? Let on that our midfield is not slow and weak without Foden and Bernie to support?

As I said Rodri is a good player and he has helped us win which is great but for city to take another step forward we need a mobile dm or make sure we have players who will put in a shift to cover his obvious weaknesses.
A team is a blend of players of different strengths and weaknesses. Players are not 'covering' for each other, they are complementing each other. We could equally argue that without Rodri's aerial strength or positioning, the whole midfield would be exposed, especially given that it is short of height and physical power, generally speaking. Unfortunately, and it is abundantly clear, we remain a club that targets individual players as scapegoats and it is the only aspect of the club that I despise.

When you see what those notoriously hard negotiators Norwich City have got for Buendia then we do seem somewhat on the gullible and generous side, yes
The problem is Norwich give Buendia the platform and games to become a £30m player
Leeds have give Harrison the platform by agreeing a lesser fee up front
He wouldn’t enough get games here To be worth anything
Annoying but just the way it is for us

The end is nigh... we are losing Laporte, B.Silva, Sterling, Mahrez and Gundogan and hoping to spend the money on Anthonee Robinson! Chelsea have already won the quadruple and we’ve lost our position to Newcastle and are now consigned to mid-table obscurity, at best!

Ah well, it was good while it lasted! Bring on Gillingham!

Look on the bright side… our entire first team squad are leaving for Barcelona but we are getting a new pitch.

I understand why people should justify why they don't take to a certain City player.

For me, you have sugar-coated it to the extent because we all know Pep and a lot of Blues consider him a top player.

I don't consider him any better than Javi Garcia or Fernando in many aspects, which is criminal for the money we paid.

Perhaps it was because I was simply under the misapprehension he was Fern's long-term replacement?

He's not fit enough to wipe his arse at 36, never mind a peak Fern.

But who is, that's the real problem?

Sometimes I look at Rodders and think there is something great waiting to burst from its box, certainly when I saw him maul Burnley away the season before last.

That night, even De Jong said it was one of the most complete showings from a defensive midfielder he had seen.

Sadly, it was against Burnley, and we haven't seen much like it since.
Rodri has played a lot of game and may be that's the reason his form was not good at the end of season. He was good for major part of the season. So don't be harsh on Rodri mate.

Anyone who wants to leave should be allowed to, as long as as we get a reasonable offer for them. Little point in keeping anyone who doesn’t want to be here. That said, a mass exodus seems pretty unlikely.

I'm thinking of leaving for Mancityfans.net. I agree though, there's not likely to be a mass exodus.

"When a 36 year old is starting ahead of you in a Champions League Semi Final says it all really."
What does it say exactly ? Rodri played the full first leg of the Semi Final, the one we won 1-2 away, why did you not mention that fact ?.
If Pep trusted Rodri he would of started that second leg one of the biggest games of the season! Rodri was out of form around that time, After that game he made errors against Chelsea and Brighton too which more than likely played a part in why he didn't play the biggest game in the clubs history the chamoions league final.

So why do you think he was missing for our two biggest games smartass?

Rodri has played a lot of game and may be that's the reason his form was not good at the end of season. He was good for major part of the season. So don't be harsh on Rodri mate.
69 prem games in two season, give the guy some respect, seriously good footballer.

His form did dip at the end, but as said he played a hell of a lot of games.

For any of these guys from mainland Europe it must be difficult living in Manchester with the weather, especially with covid and you can't go back home for any sort of break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.