It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pep trusted Rodri he would of started that second leg one of the biggest games of the season! Rodri was out of form around that time, After that game he made errors against Chelsea and Brighton too which more than likely played a part in why he didn't play the biggest game in the clubs history the chamoions league final.

So why do you think he was missing for our two biggest games smartass?
Does playing Sterling in the final not blow your argument out of the water?

A team is a blend of players of different strengths and weaknesses. Players are not 'covering' for each other, they are complementing each other. We could equally argue that without Rodri's aerial strength or positioning, the whole midfield would be exposed, especially given that it is short of height and physical power, generally speaking. Unfortunately, and it is abundantly clear, we remain a club that targets individual players as scapegoats and it is the only aspect of the club that I despise.
I don’t see him as a scapegoat at all nor am I targeting him for negative treatment. I have acknowledged his positive skill set many times but focused mainly on his weaknesses for the role of DM in a city team.

Are you suggesting that we are not allowed to discuss individual players or evaluate their weakness because they play for City?

Explain why his lack of pace is not a weakness?

"The most important game last season and Pep did not trust him to perform. Due to his lack of pace, ability under pressure and his tendency to play back to the defence when we need him moving the ball forward."
Please post a link to the interview where Pep said this.
There are athletic quarter backs in the NFL and hundreds of athletic and very fast midfielders in the lower leagues. Problem is their footballing ability is not good enough to play in a City midfield unit chasing 4 titles every season. Another problem is "we fans", I would suggest, can see his flaws and every other players flaws, including Ferna's, but we can see with our own eyes their good qualities as well, which IMO greatly outweigh their flaws, as our continued success would appear to indicate.
Rodri has many good qualities unfortunately for city he lacks the pace needed to play and dominate teams in England. His lack of awareness on the pitch when pressed causes our defence serious problems. Get after him and he will continue to pass the ball back to the defence.

I appreciate the different points of view but politely disagree on Rodri. His other qualities do not negate his lack of mobility.

Does playing Sterling in the final not blow your argument out of the water?
No. Our last game before the final was Everton at home which was a really good performance again there was no Rodri in the team it was Fernandinho and I think Foden played a central role in that game too which meant Sterling started. Obviously something in that game which made Pep go again with Sterling and Foden more central for the Champions League Final. Rodri not even in the plans to start. If anyone was to start between Rodri and Fernandinho it clearly would of been Fernandinho.

For the way we play it doesn't suit Rodri he is not able for an intense press on top of that dwelling on the ball getting caught in possession which we have seen numerous times this season.
He's more suited to La Liga than the Premier League.

No. Our last game before the final was Everton at home which was a really good performance again there was no Rodri in the team it was Fernandinho and I think Foden played a central role in that game too which meant Sterling started. Obviously something in that game which made Pep go again with Sterling and Foden more central for the Champions League Final. Rodri not even in the plans to start. If anyone was to start between Rodri and Fernandinho it clearly would of been Fernandinho.

For the way we play it doesn't suit Rodri he is not able for an intense press on top of that dwelling on the ball getting caught in possession which we have seen numerous times this season.
He's more suited to La Liga than the Premier League.
For the guy who played more than any other midfielder last season in one of the most successful seasons weve ever had as a club, he must be pretty well suited to the way Pep wants to play.

I'd be very surprised if this was a simple choice that Pep prefers Kane over Haaland... I'm convinced this has more to do with money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.