Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some help please....

My 27 year old stepson has said that he's not going to have the Pfizer, AZ or Moderns vaccines as they haven't been tested fully in regards to any effect they may have on fertility. I'm not sure where he's got this information from (or even if there is any truth in it) so I'd really appreciate it if anyone could point me in the direction of 'proper' scientific papers showing that there isn't an issue here.

I'm worried that he's just started to dip his toe into the anti-vax shit that's out there. If he does go down that particular rabbit hole then it's no exaggeration that it will be then end of father/son relationship after 23 years :-(
Conversely, if anyone knows that they do stop you being fertile so I don't have to get the snip next year, feel free to let me know.

The % of deaths with Delta variant : 55% unvaccinated; 29% fully vaccinated sounds a bit worrying but of course it's a very low number (12 deaths of 42) and without underplaying Covid we know that some of those 12 will have likely had other health conditions.
Indeed the recent England hospital deaths still show about 50% are over 60 years old. But we are talking maybe 3 a day. Which as you say are likely those with co morbidities.

Not only are these numbers way below what they were even a few weeks ago the other key is that now quite often the numbers dying aged UNDER 60 is similar or even higher.

This is very significant as whilst again we are talking maybe 3, 4 or 5 a day the balance of ages has shifted just as it has with those testing positive.

And the one obvious reason why both these things would shift is that the older you are the more likely you are to have had both vaccinations.

It will then be "Everybody needs autumn boosters first"

20m doses of the J&J single shot vaccine were ordered for later in the year. probably for booster if needed. down from the 30m they originally ordered but 20m doses is a good figure for over 50's and those with severe issues.

wouldn't surprise me if in the future a Covid+Flu shot comes out to do it all in 1 for the older generations.

It will then be "Everybody needs autumn boosters first"
This will be true for the foreseeable future but will not impact opening up.

That is only likely to be delayed now for one reason. We let the Delta variant take root.

It was a mistake that could have been avoided (or possibly just mitigated if not entirely avoided). But it was not and as it is now getting everywhere and not even localised as it was a month ago opening up even unaffected places risks an explosion.

Only if we let another variant with a dangerous trajectory take root in future will major changes be required.

As by then everyone will have some immunity via the vaccines and the boosters will just be that. A top up. Not a necessity before major shifts in policy occur.

We will need them up to when - or even if - Covid disappears - or most likely best case scenario is contained to regional outbreaks we control before becoming widespread.

That is not happening this side of 2023. But the world will not be locked down until then. We are in the phase where we transition to living with Covid not shielding from it. But that is a process you have to take carefully not leap into hoping for the best.

Last edited:
Can he not go to one of the drop in centres. Yesterday there was Eccles, Cheetham Hill. I think the vaccination buses are touring around. My 2 (19 and 20) have theirs today through their GP surgery.
I think he's booked for Timperley by Taxi now. He did try all over the place including the Etihad which would have been a single bus ride. It would have been a nostalgia trip for me on the old 53 route.

Need some help please....

My 27 year old stepson has said that he's not going to have the Pfizer, AZ or Moderns vaccines as they haven't been tested fully in regards to any effect they may have on fertility. I'm not sure where he's got this information from (or even if there is any truth in it) so I'd really appreciate it if anyone could point me in the direction of 'proper' scientific papers showing that there isn't an issue here.

I'm worried that he's just started to dip his toe into the anti-vax shit that's out there. If he does go down that particular rabbit hole then it's no exaggeration that it will be then end of father/son relationship after 23 years :-(
I think you're being harsh on your stepson.

Try and be empathetic with him. He's scared. You're doing the right thing in finding evidence to debunk his theories, but it has to be his decision and he has the freedom to choose what he puts into his body or not.

Having to stay at home for 13 months with a 15 year old with cerebral palsy, I just pray that the so called anti vaxxers look at the real facts and devastation that Covid causes ? Personally I really struggled not being allowed to go to work and my mental health and hers really suffered . I never like to judge people but I really pray that whoever can get the vaccine just go ahead and get it ? The thought of another lockdown will effect so so many people . People really need to not listen to fake news and just go for it . Then we can all hopefully just get out of this as soon as possible .
There won't be another lockdown. Personally think everyone has given up now.

Time to move on, it will never get to zero covid, think everyone accepts we will live with forever now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.