Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
As i said IF that is what he is asking, I agree. But i also maintain that is too much for Kane to ask.

Where i disagree is that what they should get has to be drastically different. Relative to their signing on fee, goals, age, potential, longevity, they are there or thereabouts in wages for me. neither at 350k for me.

In the world outside of football their wages would be drastically different and rightly so.

With Harry Kane, you’re signing a world class talent with his peak years guaranteed at the football club.

With Haaland, you’re signing a world class prospect with him either leaving the club or renegotiating a higher contract for his peak years.

Comparing a Haaland wage parity with Kane is like Foden demanding the same as KDB. It will set a dangerous precedent.

Comparing a Haaland wage parity with Kane is like Foden demanding the same as KDB. It will set a dangerous precedent.

Great analogy. Ultimately, for me that's the sign of a well run club versus a badly run club. A badly run club will do whatever it can to land a player including stupid financial inducements, whereas a well run club will always consider the greater good over the signing of one player.

Half of these players at City would not even be here if it was not for Pep.

We are fairly dependent on him.

City will find it lot harder to attract players once hes gone.

Pep factor is our only compensation against the prestige of Barca, Real, Bayern.

Once Pep is gone, we will have to compensate this by money, like PSG are doing.
You talk as if he‘ll be replaced by Tony Pulis.

Mbappe set the bar with his PSG contract. Erling rates himself I would bet at that level so theres the problem right there. 400k per week...

Mbappe set the bar with his PSG contract. Erling rates himself I would bet at that level so theres the problem right there. 400k per week...
You are almost certainly correct. We just have to hope that Erling (and Kylian at his next contract negotiation) understand that COVID-19 and it’s effects on the economy don’t care about those wage demands.
I work in a growth category in my business and with the amount of money I’ve brought in I think I’m worth double my salary. The fact is the rest of the business is on its knees and we are propping it up to 97% of the sales forecast. So whilst I’m enjoying the most successful period in my career, I’m just pleased we’ve all still got jobs. I think Erling, Kylian, Lionel etc are in a similar position. There are other factors at play that affect their own valuations.

It’s amazing what people can tell themselves when they think they can see the future.

Half of these players at City would not even be here if it was not for Pep.

We are fairly dependent on him.

City will find it lot harder to attract players once hes gone.

Pep factor is our only compensation against the prestige of Barca, Real, Bayern.

Once Pep is gone, we will have to compensate this by money, like PSG are doing.
Kompany, Yaya, Sergio, Spanish Dave, Pab Zab, Raz, a couple of Premier Leagues and Carabao Cups and an F A Cup all like this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.